X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 2: Pay No Attention to the Rioters Behind the Curtain

edit: deleted cause who cares.
    Last edited by Handyman; 12-31-2015, 09:06 AM.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

https://youtu.be/j7TT4jnnWys
      Last edited by joecct; 01-01-2016, 06:21 PM.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Was thinking about the Oregon armed encampment thing last night. It was seeming to me that there was kind of a double standard between the treatment of blacks recently...and these guys who were destroying public land and setting up armed encampments. And sure enough, there's some outcry about it this morning. I believe justified.

Frankly if I were in charge, I'd say that we appreciate their ability to protest...but that in 24 hours the power would be pulled from the buildings. We are a country where the law applies to everyone.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          Was thinking about the Oregon armed encampment thing last night. It was seeming to me that there was kind of a double standard between the treatment of blacks recently...and these guys who were destroying public land and setting up armed encampments. And sure enough, there's some outcry about it this morning. I believe justified.

Frankly if I were in charge, I'd say that we appreciate their ability to protest...but that in 24 hours the power would be pulled from the buildings. We are a country where the law applies to everyone.
          You have to have seen the 60s where it seemed there was a campus occupation of the month. Some lasted a long long time.

Even Potsdam had the "Annual Potsdam Riot".
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
            Eff that noise. Pull the plug NOW. They have effectively declared war on their country, and they don't have a right to electricity or running water.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Eff that noise. Pull the plug NOW. They have effectively declared war on their country, and they don't have a right to electricity or running water.
              Bingo. This is tantamount to treason...they are lucky they havent been shot.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I'm leaning towards "Vanilla ISIS."
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Is this a good place to discuss the conduct and questions of the Manitowoc County Sheriff's department detailed in Making a Murderer?
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    Is this a good place to discuss the conduct and questions of the Manitowoc County Sheriff's department detailed in Making a Murderer?
                    Sure. It may occasionally get lost in some of the discussion about the Chicago PD and other goings-on.

How is Making a Murderer? Netflix's as good/better answer to Serial?
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Sure. It may occasionally get lost in some of the discussion about the Chicago PD and other goings-on.

How is Making a Murderer? Netflix's as good/better answer to Serial?
                      Haven't seen Serial, but Making a Murderer was riveting television...probably resonated a little more for me, being that I grew up not far from Chilton and all the news clips were with anchors I grew up watching and one of the incompetent court appointed attorneys was the father of a classmate of mine.

Obviously, the first thing you have to do is realize the slant of the documentary team, they fully intended to show that Avery and Dassey were innocent and focused a ton of attention of calling out the actions of the Manitowoc County Sheriffs department, but based on what I've seen, heard and read about this...the Sheriffs department deserves a ton of scrutiny for the way they handled things, from claiming to the public that they were only there to assist Calumet County officers with equipment, when in reality they were consistently involved in the actual investigation of property and two names consistently show up as being involved with various things, when they shouldn't be...based on statements for the investigation.

It is a very sad state of affairs, to say nothing about whether or not Avery actually committed the crime in question.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post

But letting BLM occupy a public street (and at times block an interstate highway) for 2+ weeks, while vandalizing the police station, making threats to civilians, etc, is ok? And they weren't showing up every day. They quite literally LIVED IN TENTS in the middle of the street for a couple weeks.

Edit: MoaM: Avery is no saint, I think the series showed that. But in THIS particular case, the PD broke every rule in the book, and the DA/Dassey's first lawyer were pure scum.
                        Last edited by The Rube; 01-04-2016, 05:57 PM.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                        X