X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 2: Pay No Attention to the Rioters Behind the Curtain

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    You are incorrect. In the Unites States, the suspension of habeas corpus is the definition of martial law.

Here's some helpful hints from one of your brethren.
    Baltimore presently has military rule. Military = martial. Rule = law.

Oh, and BTW, cops all being told that they are effective SWAT team by equipment and their behaviour is of a military form. Therefore, you could justify saying that the entire country is already under martial law.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      I about threw my remote through the TV last night when I heard MSNBC report on this. Their talking head in the studio goes:
      "We're going live to [whatever reporter it was]..."

Field Reporter Via Telephone: "We have just heard that there has been someone shot during the protests in support of Baltimore in Ferguson, MO. *pause* I'm being told that the shooting was un-related to the protests, and that this only happened during the same time as the protests were to take place in Ferguson. So, an un-related shooting took place in Ferguson during the time that their protests were scheduled. I'll get back to you as to why we were told about it."

Talking Head in Studio: "So there it is, someone in Ferguson protesting in support of Baltimore was shot."

I also found it frustrating that every time a field reporter standing RIGHT ALONG THE POLICE BARRICADE would talk about what was happening, the talking heads in the studio would ignore the field information and pump their own agenda.

Field Guy: "Nothing was thrown by the police, I was watching them the whole time. Thugs were throwing fireworks at the cops."
      Studio: "As you heard, Baltimore PD using pepper balls to contain the crowd."

...Therefore, you could justify saying that the entire country is already under martial law.
      Thanks Obama! Bush! Clinton! Bush Sr.! Regan! Sh*t. I'm doing this wrong. Help me out.
      Last edited by aparch; 04-29-2015, 01:39 PM.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Thanks Obama! Bush! Clinton! Bush Sr.! Regan! Sh*t. I'm doing this wrong. Help me out.
        All of the above are certainly valid. You could go back to President Eisenhower's warning, when he talked about the dangers of the military industrial complex. Also, you could trace it back to the drug prohibition in the 30's, as that is one of the primary reasons that the police state has escalated.

A couple of years ago, I decided to read the Declaration of Independence once again. For those not American or brainwashed by the system, the Declaration of Independence is a document that listed a number of grievances the colonists had with the rule of King George III, and because these grievances were not addressed, the colonists declared themselves to be free. There are about 25 grievances, and I decided to see if any of these grievances have been violated in modern day America. I was surprised to find that over half of them were. Give it a try sometime, see what sort of legislation applies to each grievance, and which administration enacted or popularized it. I was even able to apply Reagan to a couple of them.

Comment

There are about 25 grievances, and I decided to see if any of these grievances have been violated in modern day America. I was surprised to find that over half of them were. Give it a try sometime, see what sort of legislation applies to each grievance, and which administration enacted or popularized it. I was even able to apply Reagan to a couple of them.
          I suspect every administration has been accused of violating almost every single one of them by their detractors, at least by way of analogy. Including the Founders'.

He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.
          He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.
          He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.
          He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.
          He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.
          He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected; whereby the Legislative powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.
          He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands.
          He has obstructed the Administration of Justice, by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary powers.
          He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.
          He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.
          He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.
          He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil power.
          He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:
          For Quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:
          For protecting them, by a mock Trial, from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:
          For cutting off our Trade with all parts of the world:
          For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:
          For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury:
          For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences
          For abolishing the free System of English Laws in a neighbouring Province, establishing therein an Arbitrary government, and enlarging its Boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into these Colonies:
          For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws, and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:
          For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.
          He has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us.
          He has plundered our seas, ravaged our Coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.
          He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.
          He has constrained our fellow Citizens taken Captive on the high Seas to bear Arms against their Country, to become the executioners of their friends and Brethren, or to fall themselves by their Hands.
          He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages, whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Fox didn't show this

http://crooksandliars.com/2015/04/ba...ve-it-over-fox

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
              Uh, it was live on Hannity's show
              Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                "Here at the Baron Harkonnen Police Academy, we are firm but fair."
                IMO, when the police line started moving forward, that is using a form of force. Force does not only mean using weaponry of whatever form, or physical altercations.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
                  Larry Wilmore scorched Fox on their ridiculous racism.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    "Here at the Baron Harkonnen Police Academy, we are firm but fair."
                    Kull Wahad!

And in homage to climate change: "Each year the polar ice retreats."
                    Last edited by joecct; 04-29-2015, 08:18 PM.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                      Uh, it was live on Hannity's show
                      Shocker you know that.

Comment

Bloods and Crips fighting a bit in Baltimore. Quick skirmish, then done.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Things looking MUCH better tonight in Baltimore. I think the intelligent people are actually making their points (both "sides").

Comment

Tonight is what SHOULD happen during a forced curfew. Gotta give props to the residents and the cops tonight.

Comment

Engage tinfoil hats.

Anon family member of a Balt officer coming forward. She's a sista. Gray allegedly injuring himself (or trying to). Alleged criminal (prisoner) saying the same story. This is a mess. This will not end well. I know what I want to believe, but right now...I think the cop(s) were in the wrong. I hope that *I* am the one in the wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Bloods and Crips fighting a bit in Baltimore. Quick skirmish, then done.
                                All dead?

Comment

Working...
                                X