X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2nd Term Part X - A link to a fore gone conclusion

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Actually, if you found something that gets him annoyed I'll be forever grateful. I've been trying to annoy him for 30 years and haven't hit it yet.
    While we wait for the dude, I did want to say the point of all this isn't "Kep is an idiot". My point is IMHO there have been quite a few changes in terms of financial regulation that you didn't seem to be aware of (the capital requirement for example). I think unofan was unaware of the frequency of stress testing as well. You two aren't dumb, you're just not in the thick of it. I'm hoping that the laws in place make you feel somewhat better about the actions taken since the crisis. Think of it this way, if Dodd-Frank is completely ineffectual, why not join with the Republicans in getting rid of it? I'm going to throw Scooby a lifeline here and mention that Warren is a proponent of the law before he agrees that we should scrap it since it hasn't changed anything.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      While we wait for the dude, I did want to say the point of all this isn't "Kep is an idiot". My point is IMHO there have been quite a few changes in terms of financial regulation that you didn't seem to be aware of (the capital requirement for example). I think unofan was unaware of the frequency of stress testing as well. You two aren't dumb, you're just not in the thick of it. I'm hoping that the laws in place make you feel somewhat better about the actions taken since the crisis. Think of it this way, if Dodd-Frank is completely ineffectual, why not join with the Republicans in getting rid of it? I'm going to throw Scooby a lifeline here and mention that Warren is a proponent of the law before he agrees that we should scrap it since it hasn't changed anything.
      Hey, I try to prove "Kep is an idiot" every day without anybody else's help.

I've already admitted that I don't have the expertise to judge on the merits between arguments that say the banks have paid for their transgressions and those that say they got off with a wrist slap. Likewise, I don't have the expertise to judge on the merits between arguments that say we're safe from too big to fail now and we can let the banks go under next time and those that say we're still being held hostage by the vampire squid. My opinion isn't worth anything on this, so I'm relying on others.
      Last edited by Kepler; 01-08-2016, 09:21 AM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        You still work for the lawless mafia. That we know for sure.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I like this story because it summarizes income inequality in the way that I experience it, but in a way that's not often discussed.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            You still work for the lawless mafia. That we know for sure.

You'd think the pay would be better over here if that's the case....

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              If yo can kindly find me where I said that I will mea culpa. Since I didnt, nor have I ever thought as such (I usually say 80/20 for the record) I wont go holding my breathe.
              Settle down, tiger. My impression was you were much closer to 50/50 based upon your posts, but if not then mea culpa on my end.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Settle down, tiger. My impression was you were much closer to 50/50 based upon your posts, but if not then mea culpa on my end.
                If you had actually read my posts (especially the ones where I directly tell you and Kepler I am not with Rover) you would not have come to that conclusion at all.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

If you had actually read my posts (especially the ones where I directly tell you and Kepler I am not with Rover) you would not have come to that conclusion at all.
                  No sh !t you're not with my movement as your check bounced for the enrollment fee. No deadbeats here at Rover Nation....

Comment

If he is Jesus, it is fitting he'd try to take a water dog.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...lowTwt_DCBrand
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

From Elizabeth Warren's Twitter Account just now.

Hank Greenberg left his company just before AIG took a $182 billion bailout from the Bush Administration…
                      Once his GOP friends left office, Greenberg sued the Obama Administration because – get this – the bailout wasn’t generous enough for him…
                      And now, Greenberg is giving $10 million of his AIG fortune to try to save Jeb Bush’s dying Presidential campaign. http://politi.co/1n8fDVW
                      Not sure what’s more disgusting: That Jeb is pinning his 2016 hopes on his bro’s bailout $, or that bailed-out CEOs want to buy elections.
                      Hank Greenberg is drip slime. <---- My comment.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        From Elizabeth Warren's Twitter Account just now.

Hank Greenberg is drip slime. <---- My comment.
                        God bless Liz Warren. They're gonna kill her if she ever starts overturning The Game.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Just secede already

Comment

Sure thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              God bless Liz Warren. They're gonna kill her if she ever starts overturning The Game.
                              VP, Kep. VP.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                VP, Kep. VP.
                                I guess that's one way of neutering her.

OTOH, the plutes tried that one before.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 01-08-2016, 07:37 PM.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X