X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2nd Term Part X - A link to a fore gone conclusion

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I suppose. I'm old, but I'm not that old, and "Dixie" has always seemed like a celebration of slave-holding buffoons to me.

Then again, "Deutschlandlied" and "The Internationale" are awesome songs -- probably the best two anthems ever written -- and it would be a shame if Hitler and Stalin ruined them forever, so I guess we give Decatur Dan a pass, too.
    Remember that the German anthem was originally the Austrian Anthem to honor the Emperor of Austria-Hungary. And, while the Internationale is OK (started in France, remember), the Soviet/Russian anthem is one of the better martial anthems around.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Money quote:
      That is a GD brilliant line.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

New GHW Bush autobiography sheds a bit more light on the W administration and kinda validates the extreme to which things went vis a vis the older Bush. A couple of key quotes:

Of Cheney, who was a member of the elder Bush's cabinet, Bush said, "He just became very hard-line and very different from the Dick Cheney I knew and worked with."

Bush said he thinks the Sept. 11 attacks changed the vice president, making him more hawkish about the use of U.S. military force abroad.

"His seeming knuckling under to the real hard-charging guys who want to fight about everything, use force to get our way in the Middle East," Bush said.

Talking about Rumsfeld, the elder Bush used stronger, more personal criticism, the newspaper reported.

"I think he served the president badly. I don't like what he did, and I think it hurt the president having his iron-*** view of everything," Bush said.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          New GHW Bush autobiography sheds a bit more light on the W administration and kinda validates the extreme to which things went vis a vis the older Bush. A couple of key quotes:

Of Cheney, who was a member of the elder Bush's cabinet, Bush said, "He just became very hard-line and very different from the Dick Cheney I knew and worked with."

Bush said he thinks the Sept. 11 attacks changed the vice president, making him more hawkish about the use of U.S. military force abroad.

"His seeming knuckling under to the real hard-charging guys who want to fight about everything, use force to get our way in the Middle East," Bush said.

Talking about Rumsfeld, the elder Bush used stronger, more personal criticism, the newspaper reported.

"I think he served the president badly. I don't like what he did, and I think it hurt the president having his iron-*** view of everything," Bush said.
          I read that, and a lot of it comes across as, "Blame his advisors, not the man in charge - do not blame my son!"
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            I read that, and a lot of it comes across as, "Blame his advisors, not the man in charge - do not blame my son!"
            As with Jeb's comment abut Iraq, it's obvious that the Bush clan sees the world as divided between them and everybody else. The rest of us are only here to serve their needs.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              Would you throw your son under the bus? Family first.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Of course he's going to defend W. And let's be honest, there is plenty of blame to go around in that administration.

Ultimately though, he was "The Decider".

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Of course he's going to defend W. And let's be honest, there is plenty of blame to go around in that administration.

Ultimately though, he was "The Decider".
                  Sounds to me like Daddy is admitting his son was a Cheney puppet. Can't say I'm surprised.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Would you throw your son under the bus? Family first.
                    No, I wouldn't. However, GHWB intentionally placed himself in a position where he had to perform verbal and logistical gymnastics to twist his way around the idea that the president isn't at fault for what his administration did. He's the man who had to ultimately authorize whatever bad advice these men may have given him. GWB could've - should've - asked for other options than those given to him by Cheney and Rumsfeld. Ultimately, he did just that with Rumsfeld, but we don't know if it was at the behest of Cheney or Rove, or something he did on his own.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Yeah, I appreciate the old man's effort but when Cheney wanted to get involved in Syria Bush shot him down, so clealry he had the ability to say no. Same with the Scooter Libby pardon that D_head Cheney was pushing for.

Yes, Cheney and Rumsfeld were incompetent, but that was obvious pretty early on.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Elizabeth does it again. From her Facebook page.
                        On January 1st, for just the third time since 1975, seniors who receive Social Security won't be getting an annual cost of living adjustment. Neither will millions of other Americans whose veterans' benefits, disability benefits, and other monthly payments are pegged to Social Security. Today I introduced the Seniors and Veterans Emergency Benefits Act (SAVE Benefits Act) to give seniors, vets, and other Social Security recipients a one-time 3.9% payment in 2016 -- the same raise that America's top CEOs received last year. The bill is paid for entirely by closing a tax loophole that allows corporations to write off obscene executive bonuses as a business expense for "performance pay" -- a loophole that would generate so much revenue that we could give every senior this $581 check and still have money left over to extend the life of the Social Security trust fund. Watch my floor speech introducing this bill and ask your representatives to give seniors and veterans the support they need on January 1st.
                        No guts in the GOP to pass this I bet.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Elizabeth does it again. From her Facebook page.

No guts in the GOP to pass this I bet.
                          Liz - the Federal retirees won't get a raise either. The reason for SS/Feds no COLA is falling gas prices. Guess who does not drive a lot? Yep - senior citizens.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

How much money is wasted every year coming up with more and more ridiculous acronyms.
                            Code:
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              How much money is wasted every year coming up with more and more ridiculous acronyms.
                              $7 billion.
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Motherfkers.......
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X