X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2nd Term Part X - A link to a fore gone conclusion

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Lets put aside how you completely skipped over the article I posted showing Obama has deported more illegal immigrants than anyone else, including your former hero GWB or Saint Reagan. The sad reality is not everybody who should get the boot is going to. First of all, you also glossed over the fact that both the courts and federal law by way of a SCOTUS ruling got almost half of these people released. Beyond that unfortunately some people are going to commit crimes before the govt has a chance to process them. Some natives who are parolled end up turning around and killing people as well. Its a sad reality but as I think Confucius said "sh !t happens".
    You mean like how you really didn't address what I posted? I know your schtick. I'm not taking the time to comment on every tidbit you reference. So again, you have no problem with ICE letting go people who have serious criminal records and who, shockingly then commit more serious crimes, including murder. Nice.
    Originally posted by Priceless
    Good to see you're so reasonable.
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
    Very well, said.
    Originally posted by Rover
    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
      You mean like how you really didn't address what I posted?
      I think he did address it. Your post accused Obama of not doing anything. His rebuttal was that Obama has done more, in terms of actually deporting people, than any previous president. To put it another way: if Obama's approach is incompetent, all prior presidents were even less competent, so this is not an "Obama problem," it's a systemic problem. Which is reasonable, considering that immigration has been as much an evergreen political problem as Middle East peace. But that doesn't stop partisans from using it to whip up their own or others' partisan frenzy.

Obama isn't not doing anything his predecessors didn't not do.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        I think he did address it. Your post accused Obama of not doing anything. His rebuttal was that Obama has done more, in terms of actually deporting people, than any previous president. To put it another way: if Obama's approach is incompetent, all prior presidents were even less competent, so this is not an "Obama problem," it's a systemic problem. Which is reasonable, considering that immigration has been as much an evergreen political problem as Middle East peace. But that doesn't stop partisans from using it to whip up their own or others' partisan frenzy.

Obama isn't not doing anything his predecessors didn't not do.
        My point was about the serious criminals among the illegals. Pointing out a bunch of folks overall got sent back doesn't address my point and is merely trying to switch topics.

And as well all know, raw numbers rarely tell the full story of anything, and I think the numbers are a lot more complex than you and Rover let on. Obama has taken every chance he's had, especially recently, to be as lax as he can.
        Very well, said.
        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
          My point was about the serious criminals among the illegals. Pointing out a bunch of folks overall got sent back doesn't address my point and is merely trying to switch topics.

And as well all know, raw numbers rarely tell the full story of anything, and I think the numbers are a lot more complex than you and Rover let on. Obama has taken every chance he's had, especially recently, to be as lax as he can.
          That's b.s., but this is one of your issues you are rabidly blind on, so there's no use trying to sway you with actual facts.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            That's b.s., but this is one of your issues you are rabidly blind on, so there's no use trying to sway you with actual facts.
            He obviously believes Trump's speech from yesterday where he said that we were getting the worst of the worst and all the people illegally crossing the border are rapists and murderers.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So we aren't supposed to believe facts? Ooookaaayyy then. What I'm saying is they're clearly trying to get rid of people here illegally based on quantitative analysis but some don't get tossed on time, due to 1) Court actions, 2) Laws restricting detention for more than 6 months, and 3) sheer volume. You aren't going to process everybody due to the restrictions of time and resources. Not sure why that's so hard for you to figure out.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                So we aren't supposed to believe facts? Ooookaaayyy then. What I'm saying is they're clearly trying to get rid of people here illegally based on quantitative analysis but some don't get tossed on time, due to 1) Court actions, 2) Laws restricting detention for more than 6 months, and 3) sheer volume. You aren't going to process everybody due to the restrictions of time and resources. Not sure why that's so hard for you to figure out.
                It's an enforcement issue like anything else. Our system is expensive and the laws we have on the books are many. We NEVER allocate the resources necessary to enforce our laws. We do that on purpose. We probably do that on purpose so everyone can just enforce the laws they want to.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Wrong. Your point, asserted many times, is that Obama either doesn't care about the immigration issue or is darkly complicit for Democrats' political gains. This is just another in an endless series of posts by you supposedly demonstrating that idea. But the fact that Obama has been more "effective" than any other president in showing illegals the door completely rebuts your underlying point. You keep peddling but the chain's come off -- the base idea that Obama Is Evil Or Inept on immigration doesn't hold water -- so you're not getting anywhere.

The election will be interesting, because Jebbers Don'tSayMyLastName has been if anything more liberal in his immigration proposals than Obama has been on policy. Presumably you will hold him to the same standard we've seen from you these past 6 years.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 06-17-2015, 01:58 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    It's an enforcement issue like anything else. Our system is expensive and the laws we have on the books are many. We NEVER allocate the resources necessary to enforce our laws. We do that on purpose. We probably do that on purpose so everyone can just enforce the laws they want to.
                    That's the way it works, yes. Overscoping law enforcement while underfunding it means you have to make choices, and choices mean you can let the rich and their children off, and you can always find a reason to hassle or arrest the poors.

This is not a bug; it is a fundamental design component.
                    Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      You keep peddling but the chain's come off
                      Now that is one awesome mixed metaphor. Nicely done!
                      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        If we enforced every single law on the books, every single person in this country would be in prison. Why? There are laws that contradict each other.

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                          Now that is one awesome mixed metaphor. Nicely done!
                          I was going for clever pun. (sits in corner; sulks)
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Wrong. Your point, asserted many times, is that Obama either doesn't care about the immigration issue or is darkly complicit for Democrats' political gains. This is just another in an endless series of posts by you supposedly demonstrating that idea. But the fact that Obama has been more "effective" than any other president in showing illegals the door completely rebuts your underlying point. You keep peddling but the chain's come off -- the base idea that Obama Is Evil Or Inept on immigration doesn't hold water -- so you're not getting anywhere.

The election will be interesting, because Jebbers Don'tSayMyLastName has been if anything more liberal in his immigration proposals than Obama has been on policy. Presumably you will hold him to the same standard we've seen from you these past 6 years.
                            Can you read today? My point was in my post. You are harking back to past discussions, not what I posted on, which linked to a specific story about people that were murdered by illegals that had been released by ICE. Don't be a Scooby or somebody like that around here. You're usually better than that.
                            Very well, said.
                            A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Can you read today? My point was in my post. You are harking back to past discussions, not what I posted on, which linked to a specific story about people that were murdered by illegals that had been released by ICE. Don't be a Scooby or somebody like that around here. You're usually better than that.
                              Is it any wonder why I referred to him as a troll the other day?

Comment

Jesus Christ Kepler. Don't be a Scooby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X