X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2nd Term Part X - A link to a fore gone conclusion

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Which I clearly stated when I wrote, and I quote "I have nothing against the Armenians and they certainly have every right to press the issue.". Then I went on to call out Bob's motives, "Somehow I don't think solidarity with the Armenians is your angle however."
    Are you saying if, say, Scott Walker wins and doesnt denounce the Turks for the genocide Bob wont be outraged? Surely you jest
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Are you saying if, say, Scott Walker wins and doesnt denounce the Turks for the genocide Bob wont be outraged? Surely you jest
      Scott Walker thinks Armenia is where designer clothes are made.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Hey, Bob claims he's that rare Republican who NEVER supported George W Bush, and I totally believe him, don't you?
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I have never found Bob to be dishonest. If he says he never supported Dubya, I believe him.

We need to respect the loyal opposition. Leave the ludicrous demonization of opposition qua opposition to the far right. They have far more practice calling anyone who doesn't march lock step with them "traitor," "coward," "un-American," etc.

If we had a SCOUSCHO (Supreme Court of USCHO, pronounced "skoo-shoe," I'd nominate Bob as one of the justices. He's got a contrary opinion, but I believe he's honestly trying to figure it all out same as we are.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            I have never found Bob to be dishonest. If he says he never supported Dubya, I believe him.

We need to respect the loyal opposition. Leave the ludicrous demonization of opposition qua opposition to the far right. They have far more practice calling anyone who doesn't march lock step with them "traitor," "coward," "un-American," etc.

If we had a SCOUSCHO (Supreme Court of USCHO, pronounced "skoo-shoe," I'd nominate Bob as one of the justices. He's got a contrary opinion, but I believe he's honestly trying to figure it all out same as we are.
            Aside from his perpetual martyrdom I like Bob as well, but he like every other Republican's assertion that they never liked GWB is absurd. The people who gave us the worst Presidency in living memory need to be held to account.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Aside from his perpetual martyrdom I like Bob as well, but he like every other Republican's assertion that they never liked GWB is absurd. The people who gave us the worst Presidency in living memory need to be held to account.
              Well, isn't it obvious? The Democrats elected W. After all, he's the man we wanted to have a beer with.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The people who gave us the worst Presidency in living memory need to be held to account.
                No argument here. The remarkable thing is the swine who were the functioning synapses behind Dubya's vacuous smirk have managed to regroup within the GOP. The sane right needs to kill Neoconservatism with fire.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Hey, Bob claims he's that rare Republican who NEVER supported George W Bush, and I totally believe him, don't you?
                  You always make such silly over exaggerations. There are things I supported him on, then there are things I was against, like deficit spending, going into Iraq, and largely bailing on conservative social issues once in office.
                  Originally posted by Priceless
                  Good to see you're so reasonable.
                  Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                  Very well, said.
                  Originally posted by Rover
                  A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

The people who gave us the worst Presidency in living memory need to be held to account.
                    Glad I'm not part of that crowd. Maybe take a look in the mirror?
                    Very well, said.
                    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

You'd really want to read dissents that were nothing but page after page of whining about the other justices repressing his point of view?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                        Glad I'm not part of that crowd. Maybe take a look in the mirror?
                        I know you like the rubber/glue game, but are you going to honestly say Obama is a worse president than Dubya?

Even I can admit that Carter wasn't up for the job, and Ike was stellar. Let's take off our partisan panties for a moment and really remember what Dubya and his criminals did to this country.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                          You'd really want to read dissents that were nothing but page after page of whining about the other justices repressing his point of view?
                          I don't get the martyr meme with Bob, either. He does sometimes ascribe to repression what can better be called mockery, but I have seen the martyr game played by Catholic mothers, and Bob isn't even in AAA in that league.

The one issue Bob goes off the rails on is abortion, and given what he believes about it he should. If you saw mass murder happening, you'd want to stop it. I do not agree with Bob's opinion on abortion in the slightest, but given his axioms if he was willing to compromise I'd think less of him.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 04-24-2015, 09:41 AM.
                          Cornell University

Comment

I know you like the rubber/glue game, but are you going to honestly say Obama is a worse president than Dubya?

Even I can admit that Carter wasn't up for the job, and Ike was stellar. Let's take off our partisan panties for a moment and really remember what Dubya and his criminals did to this country.
                            Bingo. Not even close in my book. To save some time, this is one of those that we just see fundamentally differently.
                            Very well, said.
                            A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                              Bingo. Not even close in my book. To save some time, this is one of those that we just see fundamentally differently.
                              Boy. I'll say. We don't just have different color skies in our worlds -- we have different laws of physics!
                              Cornell University

Comment

Boy. I'll say. We don't just have different color skies in our worlds -- we have different laws of physics!

Hey, you're the one that's in love with the guy. I hate to see you get burned again ala your giving Flaggy the benefit of the doubt previously.

Comment

Working...
                                X