This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2nd Term Part X - A link to a fore gone conclusion

I've been lambasted on the board for repeating, "The only thing that stops a good guy with a gun is a bad guy with a gun." Well, here it is again.

• Charles Cotton, a member of the board of the National Rifle Association, engaged in a sick act of victim blaming. He said Clementa Pinkney, a pastor and state legislator who was gunned down in the church, “voted against concealed-carry. Eight of his church members who might be alive if he had expressly allowed members to carry handguns in church are dead. Innocent people died because of his position on a political issue.”
    http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/...smtyp=cur&_r=0

I rest my case.

Oh, and here's some Lindsey on the flag issue. Good job, Lindsey.

• Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, who fancies himself to be presidential material, offered this offensive and incoherent defense of the flying of the Confederate flag near his state’s capitol despite its obvious racist symbolism. “At the end of the day it’s time for people in South Carolina—to revisit that decision would be fine with me, but this is part of who we are,” he said. “The flag represents to some people a Civil War and that was the symbol of one side. To others it’s a racist symbol, and it’s been used by people, it’s been used in a racist way. But the problems we have in South Carolina and throughout the world are not because of a movie or a symbol, it’s because of what’s in people’s heart. You know, how do you go back and reconstruct America? What do we do in terms of our history?”
    Just more proof the wrong side won the war.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The NRA is more than a clown car, it's a complete circus. It's no wonder many of us who own guns quit supporting those apes years ago. Unfortunately, they've still got half of Congress and a big chunk of middle America wrapped around their finger.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Just more proof the wrong side won the war.
        There's only one way to handle the South.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          I would love to watch the fireworks if someone tried to handle this Penn State-style. "Take the flag down, or we will."
          Wanna see the fur fly? Have Obama executive order it.

Or conversely, have Obama make a comment stating how it helps us all remember a tough time in this country's history and he fully supports their right to fly it. They won't be able to pull it down the pole fast enough.
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
            Wanna see the fur fly? Have Obama executive order it.

Or conversely, have Obama make a comment stating how it helps us all remember a tough time in this country's history and he fully supports their right to fly it. They won't be able to pull it down the pole fast enough.
            rotflmao
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
              It's too bad the gays picked the rainbow.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Rick Perry thinks what happened in SC was an accident.

[The former Texas governor] said that the president is trying to “take the guns out of the hands of everyone in this country.”

“This is the MO of this administration, any time there is an accident like this – the president is clear, he doesn’t like for Americans to have guns and so he uses every opportunity, this being another one, to basically go parrot that message,” Perry said.
                http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...d=sm_fb_maddow
                http://www.rightwingwatch.org/conten...obama-ban-guns

Yet, I get shotdown around here for pointing stuff like this out? Whatever.

Comment

I'm betting Gov. Perry doesn't know the difference between incident and accident. They spelled almost exactly the same - what could be the big deal?
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Rick Perry thinks what happened in SC was an accident.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...d=sm_fb_maddow
                    http://www.rightwingwatch.org/conten...obama-ban-guns

Yet, I get shotdown around here for pointing stuff like this out? Whatever.

"You rape our women, and you're taking over the country. And you have to go," Dylann Roof.

"I don't know what was on the mind or the heart of the man who committed these atrocious crimes," Jeb Bush
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      I'm betting Gov. Perry doesn't know the difference between incident and accident. They spelled almost exactly the same - what could be the big deal?
                      An incident is an interruption or degradation in the quality of a firearm servi---oh wait, wrong canon. Regardless, we've had enough firearm incidents to initiate a problem ticket at this point.

Perry is a buffoon, end of story. I sort of want to start my own organization in this country, even though I know the NRA will out-derp, out-spend, and out-lobby us. The Responsible Weapon Owners of America? Something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        "You rape our women, and you're taking over the country. And you have to go," Dylann Roof.

"I don't know what was on the mind or the heart of the man who committed these atrocious crimes," Jeb Bush
                        But if you order now, you get many, many more...
                        Cornell University

Comment

That is...such a Wonkette "article", I don't even know where to begin...

Comment

You forgot shipping.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

If you ever needed more evidence that they're the same party... http://threepercenternation.com/2015...ond-amendment/

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                If you ever needed more evidence that they're the same party... http://threepercenternation.com/2015...ond-amendment/
                                Rove is nearly always the smartest guy in the room he's standing in...and he's 100% correct on this one also. Guns enable.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X