Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part III - Let's have a healthy debate!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part III - Let's have a healthy debate!

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    Are you covered under an exchange policy? or under your employer's group plan?
    Was covered for the first 22 years under my parents' plan and have been under two separate plans under my employers'. All three have been with the same insurance company/administrator.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      Both he and Romney ran on a repeal platform. IF this issue truly matters more than female companionship for most people, including several USCHO posters, one would think the voters would have overlooked the flaws in both men and elected them President, no?

Or, perhaps people get tuned out if they're not stop whiners with zero workable solutions?
      It's nowhere near the center of this election. Trump's losing because he's Trump. You could maybe have a point if this were a traditional election, one about the issues, but this election is about Trump's fantastically undeserved ego and Clinton's family name.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        Or, perhaps people get tuned out if they're not stop whiners with zero workable solutions?
        Everyone knows this is the real reason for all of the repeal votes. Modern conservatives want a gov't-free system. The employed, and retirees who worked long enough to get a pass, are covered. Everyone else can beg for charity, or get fcked.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Everyone knows this is the real reason for all of the repeal votes. Modern conservatives want a gov't-free system. The employed, and retirees who worked long enough to get a pass, are covered. Everyone else can beg for charity, or get fcked.
          There is a mindset that would screw 1 million people in need if it prevented 1 person from abusing the system. I have never been able to crawl inside that head. It's like a form of brain damage.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            There is a mindset that would screw 1 million people in need if it prevented 1 person from abusing the system. I have never been able to crawl inside that head. It's like a form of brain damage.
            Yeah, I don't get that mindset either.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Hang on a sec... You cannot understand the ends justifying the means, but you'll still support politicians that have wrapped their entire ideologies around making the ends justify the means?

Comment

Hmm...opponents of the death penalty use an argument that is identical in structural form to the one you just laid out, although I totally agree that the contents of that argument are very much different indeed:

"the chance that one innocent person might be executed is sufficient reason to stop all executions of guilty people as well." that is not brain damage at all.

the logical structure is identical, the content of the clauses is the opposite.

The problem is not in the logic you presented (i.e., "head," "brain"), it is the total absence of compassion behind that attitude that makes it so repulsive (i.e., "heartless").
                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Remember the uproar over Death Panels?

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/ne...suicide-46828/
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Remember the uproar over Death Panels?

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/ne...suicide-46828/
                    Remember how it was complete BS?

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                      Remember how it was complete BS?
                      Let's see - the health insurance won't cover the cancer drug but will cover the assisted suicide pill.

Guess we know what the insurer hopes the patient will do.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Let's see - the health insurance won't cover the cancer drug but will cover the assisted suicide pill.

So now the insurance company is the same as a government death panel?

I specifically recall saying insurance companies were doing this long before ObamaCare was around.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          So now the insurance company is the same as a government death panel?

I specifically recall saying insurance companies were doing this long before ObamaCare was around.
                          How many states had assisted suicide laws prior to PPACA? Oregon and Washington come to mind - any others?
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

You left out the best part. They ask if the patient voted for Obama too! If they did - they get the cancer drug. If they didn't - SUICIDE PILL BABY!

I stand by my profiling of the typical anti-ACA person from post #821...
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              How many states had assisted suicide laws prior to PPACA? Oregon and Washington come to mind - any others?
                              What's that matter? If you can't get the cancer drug, you're dead either way.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                                What's that matter? If you can't get the cancer drug, you're dead either way.
                                Everyone since the dawn of time has (or will) died. Your statement seems a bit callous.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X