Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part III - Let's have a healthy debate!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The PPACA Thread Part III - Let's have a healthy debate!

Getting to the meat of the matter.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: The PPACA Thread Part III - Let's have a healthy debate!

Continuing the discussion:

http://aspe.hhs.gov/health/reports/2...red_change.pdf

Uninsured rate down 35%. This for a law that's been active for 2 years and which approx half the states (all conservative governed) refuse to expand Medicare keeping 5M people needlessly uninsured.

Costs are down. CBO estimates health care will cost govt 600Bn less than projected before ACA went into effect. Kaiser using a 75/25 approx split between economy and ACA, which means $150B in savings. Or using buster's link from the previous thread about 40-45Bn.

http://www.vo*****/2015/3/9/8175277/...bsidies-budget

So I'll ask again to the non-knuckledragging conservatives out here (buster, Lynah, etc). By all independent accounts more people are insured. By all independent accounts the law is saving the govt money, from 40-150Bn just from the two estimates we've seen here.

What exactly is the problem?
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

But our ER's getting less overcrowded? Are patient wait times going down? Can people get a (primary care) doctor?

The PPACA provided insurance, but if you can't get the care, so what?
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        But our ER's getting less overcrowded? Are patient wait times going down? Can people get a (primary care) doctor?

The PPACA provided insurance, but if you can't get the care, so what?
        You are not suggesting that the solution to a shortage of Health Care Providers is to have fewer insured are you?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
          You are not suggesting that the solution to a shortage of Health Care Providers is to have fewer insured are you?
          The solution is to eliminate the red tape. Doctors aren't practicing because of the amount of compliance bureaucracy they have to go through. Not to mention sue-happy attorneys.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Doctors aren't practicing because of the amount of compliance bureaucracy they have to go through.
            Citation?
            In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
            I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
              Citation?
              Don't hold your breath! Funny how its gone from 1) it won't work, to 2) it'll cost too much, to 3) you're only insuring people who got their plans cancelled, to 4) it'll work but it'll kill jobs, to 5) but if you can't find a doctor.

As you say, joey and Flaggy, lets see some citations please.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                .DEATH PANELS!!!?????

No - the solution is more doctors and health professionals. Just the Act does not seem to be addressing that problem as well as tort reform.

And Rover - its Joe, not Joey. OK?
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

This is all getting nonsensical
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    This is all getting nonsensical
                    Aren't most threads here? The trick is to remember that what we say here will not mean a hoot. After all, the Universe does not care.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                      Citation?
                      Posts on here from a person who is semi-retired from the practice.

Comment

Very scientific...the NWO though requests more.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Posts on here from a person who is semi-retired from the practice.
                          You said "doctors"...plural.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                            You said "doctors"...plural.
                            And more than one poster have mentioned that.

Comment

So if Rover and Scooby post about GOP death squads then I can reference that in my posts as if it were true....

Comment

Working...
                              X