Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part III - Let's have a healthy debate!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part III - Let's have a healthy debate!

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Let's see - the health insurance won't cover the cancer drug but will cover the assisted suicide pill.

Guess we know what the insurer hopes the patient will do.
    No, we don't. That story feels rather incomplete...

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Everyone since the dawn of time has (or will) died. Your statement seems a bit callous.
      I'm callous because your position is absurd. You're acting like private insurance companies haven't been making such life and death calls for decades. But now that you can blame the government too, it's all of a sudden bad.

Hell, there was a mediocre Denzel Washington movie made about this kind of scenario back in the 90s, I think.
      Last edited by unofan; 10-21-2016, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
        No, we don't. That story feels rather incomplete...
        It's not incomplete at all. Health insurers, the FDA, and pharmaceuticals are all in co-hoots. Pharma wants the recurring revenue from treatment that doesn't really work over a one-time remedy that is a cure. So they've lobbied government to appoint FD administrators that will ban the NRR and fast-track the RR, and at the same time, work with insurers for the same fast-tracks, perhaps also paying for some sponsorships.

Comment

I've survived cancer, but if I'm ever in a terminal condition, I hope to Parise I will have a choice to end it on my terms (with assisted suicide). Being able to insure against that cost makes sense to me. I understand now that if I become terminal, spending big money to extend my life by weeks or months with chemo/radiation will not save me but will run up costs for others who do have lives to live. Of course insurance companies will be better off paying for assisted suicide than for chemo for a terminal patient, but given the big picture, I don't have a problem with that.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            I've survived cancer, but if I'm ever in a terminal condition, I hope to Parise I will have a choice to end it on my terms (with assisted suicide). Being able to insure against that cost makes sense to me. I understand now that if I become terminal, spending big money to extend my life by weeks or months with chemo/radiation will not save me but will run up costs for others who do have lives to live. Of course insurance companies will be better off paying for assisted suicide than for chemo for a terminal patient, but given the big picture, I don't have a problem with that.
            Maybe that's why they've re-introduced the death tax...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Maybe that's why they've re-introduced the death tax...
              That's not going to affect you though Flaggy. Once Hillary is in office and we send you to that gulag of our choice, all of your assets will be confiscated at the time of your incarceration. So, no death tax!!!
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Hahaha
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  That's not going to affect you though Flaggy. Once Hillary is in office and we send you to that gulag of our choice, all of your assets will be confiscated at the time of your incarceration. So, no death tax!!!
                  Just an Incarceration Tax.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

all of your assets will be confiscated at the time of your incarceration
                    100 lbs Sugar ... check
                    500 mg Epinephrine and Auto-injector ... check
                    75,000 rds hollow-point bullets ... check
                    1 cmplt set back issues of Jugs Magazine ... check
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Hall of fame. I'm crying right now.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Just remember that the "friends" are the most dangerous. They're usually the first to go.

Comment

Good News!

Everybody's probably heard today that ObamaCare premiums are going up dramatically next year.

But no worries! I just heard on the way home that they'll probably just increase something they call subsidies!

So the increase will just all be FREE! Yay!
                          Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                            Good News!

Everybody's probably heard today that ObamaCare premiums are going up dramatically next year.

But no worries! I just heard on the way home that they'll probably just increase something they call subsidies!

So the increase will just all be FREE! Yay!
                            Its only 116% in Arizona.
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Some guy earlier in the thread but still on point:

Originally posted by Some Guy View Post
                              Most complaints about repealing the ACA at this point are confined to frustrated older conservative males who haven't been laid in 30 years and blame the ACA for that. I don't want to name names here (cough..Fishy...cough) but that's pretty much it. But, I'll make it simple. The last two Gooper Presidential candidates ran explicitly on a repeal and go back to the pre-ACA set up platform. One guy (Mittens) lost handily. The other (Trump) is about to get crushed! If people truly felt the way the serial whiners do, why won't the public elect these men President? Dealing with anti-Obamacare people is like dealing with the Flat Earthed Society. Eventually when it turns out you're not looking for solutions but just want to complain, you just set yourselves up as objects of ridicule. That works for me, but I'm not sure what you get out of it.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Mookie's premiums are going up 12% in 2017
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X