No announcement yet.

Detroit Lions 2015: Suh? Ngata For You!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Lions 2015: Suh? Ngata For You!

Here's what I suspect will happen:

Calvin is a coin flip. Gun to my head, I say goodbye. He's going to be 31, and there's a lot of miles on that 31. I fully realize the size of the hole that creates.

I think Bell is done in Detroit. Between Abdullah and the emergence of Riddick, I think we're in good hands at RB for now.

As for the coaching staff, I still think Caldwell's last game as coach is on Sunday. The new coach must have his own choice of his coaching staff. I think Cooter is a goner, and Austin is a coin-flip, if he's not a HC somewhere else.

But it all hinges on who is chosen as the next GM. On Monday, I also fire Sheldon White. They've got to finish the house cleaning in the front office. This needs to be a clean sweep.

Regarding the draft pick, big deal. A competent GM can make up for a lower 1st round pick with proper drafting in later rounds. That's why this GM pick is so damned crucial.
    Last edited by Hammer; 12-29-2015, 10:00 PM.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Chip Kelly is available.

Seriously, that would be SO LIONS.....
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Honestly, it would not surprise me to see him coaching at Texas next fall.

God, that was fun...

Comment

He's going to the Titans. He'd sell his soul to coach Mariota again
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I asked earlier if the Lions would tank for draft picks or salvage their pride. They went 6-2 over the second half of the season, and finished 7-9. We're probably picking between 13-16 in the first round...
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

And if get a competent GM, that will be just fine. You can make up for a lack of high pick very well with proper picks in the 2nd-4th rounds.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                And if get a competent GM, that will be just fine. You can make up for a lack of high pick very well with proper picks in the 2nd-4th rounds.
                According to detroitlions.com, we'll be picking 16th. We'll see who's available.
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

If the Lions are going to fire Caldwell, I wish they'd do it soon, instead of letting him dangle.

Then again, it all depends on who the new GM is.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                    If the Lions are going to fire Caldwell, I wish they'd do it soon, instead of letting him dangle.

Then again, it all depends on who the new GM is.
                    The front office has stated they support Caldwell and want to keep him.

That really hamstrings any incoming GM...

I think he gets one more year and the new GM will boot him after that.
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Now Megatron might be contemplating retirement. Lovely.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        Now Megatron might be contemplating retirement. Lovely.
                        He's on the wrong side of 30, he's a known injury risk, he's been beaten pillar to post every season because that's the only way to defend him, he has a number in his savings account only achievable via use of a Game Genie, his team is starting over with an unknown new GM and the coach is a question mark, and a controversial movie that shows the price of a concussion in the NFL in grisly detail just hit theatres. I'd be out the door while I can still count to potato as well.

I'll be in the fetal position in the corner.
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Would suck for the Lions in the short-term, but it may be the best decision for him personally, for the reasons Twitch stated above.

Comment

Reading between the lines, I think he's already out the door. And I don't blame him.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Lions tradition to have your best player leave after 9 years
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I think this one is a lot bigger than the Lions. There's more at play here.

If he wants to be moved, then the Lions need to accommodate him. He's past his prime. This is where the Branch Rickey axiom kicks in: I'd rather trade a guy a year too early than a year too late.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X