35th Annual Banished Words List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35th Annual Banished Words List

Lake Superior State University has released its annual banished words list. Many politically themed words (czar, stimulus) here as well as technology (APP, tweet).

Re: 35th Annual Banished Words List

I've met Joe Grimm, who submitted a couple of the words on that list and previous years' as well. Nice guy who works for the Freep.

And yes. "In these economic times" needs to go. We already know we're in a recession, and we're depressed enough about it. We don't need to be reminded at every corner. It's like they're mocking us. Phrases like that make me want to spend MORE money out of spite.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Webisode. If it's something you don't want to put on actual TV, that's probably because it's total ****.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
        I've met Joe Grimm, who submitted a couple of the words on that list and previous years' as well. Nice guy who works for the Freep.

And yes. "In these economic times" needs to go. We already know we're in a recession, and we're depressed enough about it. We don't need to be reminded at every corner. It's like they're mocking us. Phrases like that make me want to spend MORE money out of spite.
        What did you suggest?

Comment

Working...
        X