Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2010 (and beyond) elections - It's a jump to the left and a step to the right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2010 (and beyond) elections - It's a jump to the left and a step to the right

We're just about 11 months before the 2010 Congressional (and others) elections.

Just to set everyone off on the right foot, here is a speach (5 parts) given by Newt Gingrich about a month ago. Red Cloud may disagree, but I believe that Newt would be the best candidate for the GOP in 2012 - especially if the GOP can make significant gains in 2010.

Anyway, let's have a civil, healthy debate on Mr. Gingrich's 5 parter.
    Last edited by joecct; 12-30-2009, 08:29 PM.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: The 2010 (and beyond) elections - It's a jump to the left and a step to the right

Getting in before the flame war starts to say that I like your thread title.
    Cornell University Men's Hockey
    NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
    Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Re: The 2010 (and beyond) elections - It's a jump to the left and a step to the right

Originally posted by jmh View Post
      Getting in before the flame war starts to say that I like your thread title.
      Me too, but regardless of the outcome, the voters will continue to be the recipient of the pelvic thrusts.
      "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
      Groucho Marx
      "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
      Ron White
      "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
      Milo Bloom

Comment

If the next thread title is about being a sweet transvestite from transylvannia, I will be very happy.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

And a nice indictment of the Bush administration from Pat Buchanan
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Too bad we didn't see this back in 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Listen to what Newt said about the 2004 election. I think it is in Part 2 (maybe 3).
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Worst President in my lifetime. Rivals worst of all time.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Anyway, let's have a civil, healthy debate on Mr. Gingrich's 5 parter.
                  Welcome to USCHO!
                  You are obviously new here.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    Welcome to USCHO!
                    You are obviously new here.
                    I am praying that this New Year the trolls have turned over a new leaf.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Buchanan and Ron Paul were both heavily critical of President Bush's policies during the 2004 election cycle. It's most of the rest of the party that had their collective heads buried in the sand.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                      X