Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Dead thread - God sorts 'em out!

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
    Seriously?!
    I would think so. I did link the NYT "All the News That's Fit to Print". I checked too since I first got about 10 tweets and retweets from Ken Schott.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I would think so. I did link the NYT "All the News That's Fit to Print". I checked too since I first got about 10 tweets and retweets from Ken Schott.

Comment

I could listen to him forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          I could listen to him forever!
          Lots of great music, his legacy will live on. RIP
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Losing Bowie is like losing an older brother.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Madonna tweeted it. It's true
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                Madonna tweeted it. It's true
                Schott is slipping. He didn't retweet that one. He did send one from Al Yankovic.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  Check ignition, and may God's love be with you...
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Currently on youtube, there's a posting of the complete, as far as I know, BBC broadcast of Bowie's performance at their theater in 2000 for his fan club, that was included as a bonus disc on the limited edition version of the Bowie at the Beeb cd release. I am so glad I bought that edition, as this performance is just amazing; a terrific band, and beautifully recorded. Includes an absolutely killer version of Absolute Beginners, which i never thought much of before, but this performance is stunning. Sadly the cd included only the music, and no DVD of the actual show, which you can see here. The cd included a couple more tracks, but here at least you can see the between song chat that was omitted from that version for space reasons.

Not sure how long it'll stay up, so if you've got a free hour to watch, it's well worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY54qW7SK8Y
                    Last edited by rufus; 01-11-2016, 03:45 PM.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                      Currently on youtube, there's a posting of the complete, as far as I know, BBC broadcast of Bowie's performance at their theater in 2000 for his fan club, that was included as a bonus disc on the limited edition version of the Bowie at the Beeb cd release. I am so glad I bought that edition, as this performance is just amazing; a terrific band, and beautifully recorded. Includes an absolutely killer version of Absolute Beginners, which i never thought much of before, but this performance is stunning. Sadly the cd included only the music, and no DVD of the actual show, which you can see here.

Not sure how long it'll stay up, so if you've got a free hour to watch, it's well worth it.

Put off listening to the new album to check this out.

I have the audio but have never seen the video.

Very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        Currently on youtube, there's a posting of the complete, as far as I know, BBC broadcast of Bowie's performance at their theater in 2000 for his fan club, that was included as a bonus disc on the limited edition version of the Bowie at the Beeb cd release. I am so glad I bought that edition, as this performance is just amazing; a terrific band, and beautifully recorded. Includes an absolutely killer version of Absolute Beginners, which i never thought much of before, but this performance is stunning. Sadly the cd included only the music, and no DVD of the actual show, which you can see here. The cd included a couple more tracks, but here at least you can see the between song chat that was omitted from that version for space reasons.

Thanks. I had a gf in h.s. that was a huge fan and so I knew a lot of his stuff even back then, but didn't really, really dig deep until about 7-10 years ago. I now have Space Oddity, Lodger, The Man Who Sold the World, Rise and Fall, Young Americans, Low, Heroes, Let's Dance , The Next Day and A Reality Tour. Love his music and very sad I never got the chance to see him live.

Comment

Working...
                        X