Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Dead thread - God sorts 'em out!

Cardinal Edward Egan, former archbishop of New York, 84

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/06/ny...t-82.html?_r=0
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Albert Maysles, one of the film-making brothers best known probably for The Rolling Stones' film Gimme Shelter, and I also believe they worked on Woodstock as well.

Correction: It was Monterrey Pop.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Sam Simon, one of the co-creators for the Simpsons.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/09/entert...thr/index.html
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Son of a *****
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Windell Middlebrooks (aka The Miller High Life Guy). 36.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6842890.html
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

I read the article. Underneath there is a section "you may like" with links to The Power of the Cli_oris and The Science Behind Why Men Like Butts
              I ask you- what the hell do these things have to do with some actor being dead at age 36?

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Met him one pre-game outside of Camp Randall. He was disappointed at first because I was not drinking a high life at the time, but was really down to earth and friendly.
                In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  I read the article. Underneath there is a section "you may like" with links to The Power of the Cli_oris and The Science Behind Why Men Like Butts
                  I ask you- what the hell do these things have to do with some actor being dead at age 36?
                  It's not the actor dying at 36 that makes the connection, it's the fact that Miller Highlife is on the page. Beer. Clits. Butts. It all comes together.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Sir Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                      Wow. This has been a tough year already.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

My dad, a lifelong Badger and Packer fan, Packer shareholder, and all around great guy. http://www.leadertelegram.com/people...tml?TNNoMobile

Dad had Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, the heart enlarging genetic disease that kills young athletes. If you are interested in doing something good, encourage screening for HCM. Dad was lucky to have lived a long life without surgical intervention because of great doctors and continuing research. Ultimately, he died of complications from a bout with necrotizing fasciitis 3 years ago that ended up putting him in renal failure due to the cocktail of antibiotics. It made his heart worsen. So, please become more aware of HCM and its complications, and research.
                        Originally posted by Jack Layton's last words to Canada
                        My friends, hope is better than anger, love is better than fear, optimism is better than despair. So let us be Hopeful, Loving, and Optimistic, and we'll change the world.

Comment

Also, Jimmy Greenspan from Three Dog Night.
                          Originally posted by Jack Layton's last words to Canada
                          My friends, hope is better than anger, love is better than fear, optimism is better than despair. So let us be Hopeful, Loving, and Optimistic, and we'll change the world.

Comment

My condolences, BA.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadgerAlum@WMU View Post
                              My dad, a lifelong Badger and Packer fan, Packer shareholder, and all around great guy. http://www.leadertelegram.com/people...tml?TNNoMobile

Dad had Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, the heart enlarging genetic disease that kills young athletes. If you are interested in doing something good, encourage screening for HCM. Dad was lucky to have lived a long life without surgical intervention because of great doctors and continuing research. Ultimately, he died of complications from a bout with necrotizing fasciitis 3 years ago that ended up putting him in renal failure due to the cocktail of antibiotics. It made his heart worsen. So, please become more aware of HCM and its complications, and research.
                              Sorry for your loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                                I saw this earlier and it broke my heart. I probably discovered the Discworld series when there were seven or eight books published, and have loved his writing ever since. I got to meet him at a book signing in Madison about twenty years ago. Sadly, there will never be footnotes like those again.
                                "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

Working...
                                X