Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fear Not America, Janet Napolitano Is On The Job

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
    Similar vein, but a bit more shrill and the sarcasm level is way up there (as usual).

http://townhall.com/columnists/AnnCo..._system_worked
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

that they both used the same analogy about the light and dark is odd...

Israel isn't worried that somebody will sue and win $132mm from a jury because they were detained 5 minutes longer than somebody else.

Israel has how many airports? I'm sure it is easier to do in a small country.
      I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Hmm I wonder why it's taken TSA 1 month to report this incident. Liquid bottles - BAD, Guns - GOOD

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com...rtsecurity.txt

On the morning of Sunday, Dec. 13, Transportation Security Administration screeners at Gallatin Field inadvertently allowed a man with a firearm in his carry-on bag through security, according to a TSA statement released Wednesday.

While in the boarding area, the unidentified man realized he had the gun and turned himself into TSA officials. In response, TSA rescreened every passenger at the airport, including passengers on a Horizon Air flight that had left the gate but not yet taken off, delaying three flights for more than an hour, said Roehm, who was briefed on the incident.
        “How can someone get through the checkpoint with a firearm when I have to take off my belt?” Roehm asked Wednesday.

Comment

I thought this was a myth. make a list and never update it or use common sense.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/14/ny...o_interstitial

Michael Winston Hicks’s mother initially sensed trouble when he was a baby and she could not get a seat for him on their flight to Florida at an airport kiosk; airline officials explained that his name “was on the list,” she recalled.

“Up your arms, down your arms, up your crotch — someone is patting your 8-year-old down like he’s a criminal,” Mrs. Hicks recounted. “A terrorist can blow his underwear up and they don’t catch him. But my 8-year-old can’t walk through security without being frisked.”

It is true that Mikey is not on the federal government’s “no-fly” list, which includes about 2,500 people, less than 10 percent of them from the United States. But his name appears to be among some 13,500 on the larger “selectee” list, which sets off a high level of security screening.

Comment

Nappy, you're doing a heckuva job.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Between Napolitano, Giuliani, and Reid, we've had a hell of a past few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra View Post
                I thought this was a myth. make a list and never update it or use common sense.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/14/ny...o_interstitial
                I realize the screeners probably have to stick to the list no matter how ridiculous it seems, given that they're probably not given the leeway to make those decisions, so perhaps some sort of age clue that says to go after the adult Hicks and not the 8 year old one may help.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  I realize the screeners probably have to stick to the list no matter how ridiculous it seems, given that they're probably not given the leeway to make those decisions, so perhaps some sort of age clue that says to go after the adult Hicks and not the 8 year old one may help.
                  So the terrorists should hide their weapons on kids. Good tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    You realize I'm not saying don't screen them, just that they extra no-fly stuff should have enough context (i.e. more than just a name) to avoid preteens getting put on the watchlist.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

0/10. Bad troll.

Comment

You realize I'm not saying don't screen them, just that they extra no-fly stuff should have enough context (i.e. more than just a name) to avoid preteens getting put on the watchlist.
                        You mean they should use common sense? No way!

Comment

Evidently he doesn't realize that. Although I'm not sure how he could have missed your point.

No kidding... are these lists literally just names? You would think that there'd be some other information on there than that.

Like it could say "Steve Smith, born 4/13/82, has an amputated left leg" instead of "Steve Smith".
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            Evidently he doesn't realize that. Although I'm not sure how he could have missed your point.
                            Or he was being sarcastic.

Nah.

Comment

Or he was being sarcastic.

Nah.
                              Always hard to tell in these threads.

KDR

Comment

Working...
                              X