The official thread of the 2024 Summer Olympics in Boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    I was under the impression the money for the T had already been approved.
    Authorized. Still have to issue the bonds and these things never come in under the estimates. My theory is double the estimate and add 10%.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      Harvard Stadium, Agganis Arena. Housing at those schools, plus UMass-Boston (proposed Olympic Village)
      What events would Agganis be suitable for? Maybe weightlifting and things like that?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        What events would Agganis be suitable for? Maybe weightlifting and things like that?
        Team Handball, secondary basketball venue, weightlifting, table tennis, badminton, boxing, volleyball, fencing, the martial arts events (judo etc.), wrestling...
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          Team Handball, secondary basketball venue, weightlifting, table tennis, badminton, boxing, volleyball, fencing, the martial arts events (judo etc.), wrestling...
          I know nothing about capacity requirements... Maybe capacity is big enough for some of those... My initial thought is that it would be too small, but could be suitable for some of those events....
          Last edited by ericredaxe; 01-13-2015, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Re: The official thread of the 2024 Summer Olympics in Boston

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
            A few uninteresting events that nobody here cares about. The crowd can then be filled with Eurotrash who can't speak English...just like a BU hockey game.
            1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

Comment

Working...
            X