Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2015: Define Yourself.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2015: Define Yourself.

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    32.5" waist, but 36" jeans? Wondering how you are measuring.

You did well though, better than me anyway.
    I have a BIL who has been a weightlifter nearly his whole life. Not sure he's in that shape now, but several years ago he had a 28" waist and his wife would buy him 36" waist jeans and take them in so that they would fit his thighs. (There weren't all the options on fits for jeans back then.)

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
      Being perpetually active helps.

Measured myself again today.

32" waist
      38" hips
      Yeah, uh...36" waist, and that's all I know.

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      The waist on a pair of jeans usually sit on your hips, not your actual waist. Also, jeans are, to say the least, forgiving in their measurements, so having a hip measurement larger than the stated size of your jeans is a common occurrence.
      Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
      I have a BIL who has been a weightlifter nearly his whole life. Not sure he's in that shape now, but several years ago he had a 28" waist and his wife would buy him 36" waist jeans and take them in so that they would fit his thighs. (There weren't all the options on fits for jeans back then.)
      Gotcha.

Comment

Wasn't really worried about holiday weight creep this year. Wasn't invited to any parties, and kept the snacking/grazing to a minimum.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Had an eye-opening moment:

In 2013 and 2014, I tried to lose weight, and it wasn't happening. Found out why: because I was working out a lot while underfeeding myself, my body decided to hoard whatever calories it could get.

In 2015, the weight came off when I ate appropriately for my activity level.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

I learned that the old food pyramid was wrong because Big Bread lobbied the FDA the hardest, and essentially told people that a pizza or a cheeseburger with lettuce and tomato was the perfect meal.

My Plate is far more accurate, with it recommending that half your plate be vegetables.

Comment

Grains are much cheaper than meat, and when the pyramid was made people had very active jobs where they could work off the large quantity of carbs during the course of a normal day.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Sgt. Preston Yukon King New Year's Day Run results: 52:31, an 8:45/mile, second in my age group (M, 30-34) out of 4 people, and I think I was 67th overall. This is a Sgt. Preston PR by 1:04, beating the mark of 53:35 set last year.

I did not get my goal of 49:59, but I did see some improvements, such as running the first mile in 8:16, and charging up Block House Hill with more power. All these hill workouts paid off.

Comment

I'm not going to start a new thread for this year. My fitness goals for this year include:

1. Stay between 210 and 220 pounds.

2. Be able to lift 100 pounds. Right now, I can do about 65, which is as strong as I need to be for my current job. Still, I'd like to be able to lift more.

3. Move my workouts to first thing in the morning, instead of after coffee.

4. A sub-4:30:00 marathon.

5. Complete a 50 mile ultra-marathon.

6. Complete 2 intermediate-length duathlons (5K run/40K bike/10K run).

7. Eat 3,500 calories a day on a balanced, inclusive, moderate diet.

8. Get into downward dog yoga pose and complete a sun salutation.

Comment

We've had a new thread each year. I'll start this one, I suppose.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                    X