Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2015: Define Yourself.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2015: Define Yourself.

I've been on a bad stretch. Have not worked out since the first snowstorm. Targeting April 1 as a day on the calendar to get going again.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      I've been on a bad stretch. Have not worked out since the first snowstorm. Targeting April 1 as a day on the calendar to get going again.
      Why wait? Carpe Diem!!
      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

I'm in the same boat. The gym is a 1/2 hour from home and I've had a hard time justifying driving into town on days when I'm not working. Excuses, excuses!

But....my latest A1C is 7.1, so I'm now motivated to get off my ever-expanding fat white butt and get back to some routine before I start walking 18 holes 2 or 3 times a week.
        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Measured my waist and hips again:

35.5" waist
          40.5" hips

Feels GREAT being able to wear size 36 pants again.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
            Why wait? Carpe Diem!!
            I hear ya… some work travel and a couple of ski weekends planned will make March pretty busy. Plus I find for me that if I pick a date on the calendar and get psyched up for it for a couple of weeks or so, that I do pretty well once I start… rather than trying to slog my way into it. Weird I know but it seems to work for me.

Comment

I hear ya… some work travel and a couple of ski weekends planned will make March pretty busy. Plus I find for me that if I pick a date on the calendar and get psyched up for it for a couple of weeks or so, that I do pretty well once I start… rather than trying to slog my way into it. Weird I know but it seems to work for me.
              Speaking of skiing, while in Spain last month I got back on the boards for the first time since moving to PA from Colorado at the end of 1998. It was like riding a bike, but I found out getting up after my one and only fall was tougher than it was back then.
              Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Picked up a weight set today after looking on Craigslist for a while.

It's a Weider set that has a bench and a squat rack along with curl bars and attachments for leg work and a pulley system for shoulders etc. I mainly got it for the boy, but am quite excited to join him in this.

He's getting quite a bit bigger than me and that can't be allowed to stand!

Comment

I have an Olympic weight Weider rack in my basement, squat cage with adjustable hooks to hold the bar, a pulley system for lat pull downs, etc, and an easy curl styled pullup bar for the front crossbar up top. It's great. I lift when I want and don't have to deal with people hogging the equipment. I save a ton of cash on gym memberships, too. I also have a full set of hex-shaped dumb bells from 2lbs to 55lbs to almost complete the setup. I'd like more dumb bells, but anything over 60lbs is special order and therefore a good deal more expensive.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    I have an Olympic weight Weider rack in my basement, squat cage with adjustable hooks to hold the bar, a pulley system for lat pull downs, etc, and an easy curl styled pullup bar for the front crossbar up top. It's great. I lift when I want and don't have to deal with people hogging the equipment. I save a ton of cash on gym memberships, too. I also have a full set of hex-shaped dumb bells from 2lbs to 55lbs to almost complete the setup. I'd like more dumb bells, but anything over 60lbs is special order and therefore a good deal more expensive.

Sounds exactly like what we got.

Comment

• Re: Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2015: Define Yourself.

I'm signing up for my first 5K on Memorial Day weekend in my hometown. Wish me luck.
                      Twitter: DanMountSports
                      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                        I'm signing up for my first 5K on Memorial Day weekend in my hometown. Wish me luck.
                        It's addictive. Get it done!
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

know the feeling. I've gained 15 lbs since last summer. and been on a bad stretch. but I've started up again. yes!
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

I need to get back into pilates and yoga. With a half marathon next month, the Fifth-Third 25K in May, my first tri in June, and the Twin Cities Ultra Loony Challenge on October 3 and 4, I found the pilates and yoga made running better, and lessened my risk of injury.

Not only that, I gained 8 lbs in the past month and a half. Need to fix that.

Comment

Good luck! I did my first 5K last fall and loved it! I then did a mini tri (indoor) a couple of weeks ago -- even more addicting.

Comment

The office weight loss challenge ended today, it was 12 weeks long, I think. I beat my goal of 12 pounds and lost 14.3 but I am way short of the winner who lost something over 30 pounds and a much larger % of total weight. He looks like a different guy. I'd like to lose another 5-8 pounds at least. As my ankle continues to heal (I had it replaced last June) and the weather gets nicer I intend to walk and bike a lot more.

Comment

Working...
                                X