14) Auburn ($70)
    15) Southern California ($68)
    16) Michigan State ($57)
    17) Arkansas ($56)
    18) Texas A&M ($52)
    19) Wisconsin ($48)
    20) Oklahoma State ($47)

Thoughts?
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Re: Forbes Most Valuable College Football Teams

Texas will drop after Alabama pounds them.

Comment

Interesting that Nebraska is so high. I wouldn't have guessed.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
        Interesting that Nebraska is so high. I wouldn't have guessed.
        Me neither. I guess their bandwagon holds together even when the program isn't as dominant as it used to be.

Or maybe there's just nothing better to do in Nebraska but follow Husker football?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Me neither. I guess their bandwagon holds together even when the program isn't as dominant as it used to be.

Or maybe there's just nothing better to do in Nebraska but follow Husker football?
          Pretty much, there's not much else to really distract the Children of the Corn when the Huskers are not so good. Once you get past KC and the Chiefs being even worse, there's nothing for another 300 or so miles of Lincoln.
          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

The one that surprises me the most is South Carolina...I guess Lou Holtz and Steve Spurrier really have helped that program...I've never thought of that program in the same breath as the rest listed...Ok State makes the list because of T Boone Pickens $$$. I can't really think of a program that would be considered "left off" that might have value...UCLA is a program that should make the list but they just haven't been good enough to make the $$$. Iowa might be close. Florida State and Miami were probably on this list in the past.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Yes. There is nothing better to do in Nebraska then follow Husker football. Love them or hate them you have to admit that their fans are some of the most loyal fans out there.

Also, they have not been as dominant as they used to be but they are starting to comeback though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                College Football's Most Valuable Teams according to Forbes

School (Million)
                1) Texas ($119)
                2) Notre Dame ($108)
                3) Penn State ($99)
                4) Nebraska ($93)
                5) Alabama ($92)
                6) Florida ($88)
                7) Louisiana State ($86)
                8) Ohio State ($85)
                9) Georgia ($84)
                10) Oklahoma ($83)
                11) Michigan ($81)
                12) South Carolina ($80)
                13) Tennessee ($78)
                14) Auburn ($70)
                15) Southern California ($68)
                16) Michigan State ($57)
                17) Arkansas ($56)
                18) Texas A&M ($52)
                19) Wisconsin ($48)
                20) Oklahoma State ($47)

Thoughts?
                Surprised Texas is #1 over Penn State and Notre Dame.

Surprised tha USC isn't higher but my guess is they havent had quite the tradition of some of these other teams and that might be part of the reason. Didn't expect to see Michigan State on there either. Football is about the 4th or 5th sport that I think of when it comes to the Spartans...
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  Surprised Texas is #1 over Penn State and Notre Dame.

Surprised tha USC isn't higher but my guess is they havent had quite the tradition of some of these other teams and that might be part of the reason. Didn't expect to see Michigan State on there either. Football is about the 4th or 5th sport that I think of when it comes to the Spartans...
                  Austin is one of the largest cities/metro area in the country without any sort of pro team. Couple that with Tejas's love of all things grid iron and the premier University in the 2nd most populous state and I'd be stunned if someone other than Texas was the most valuable.

Comment

There is a Tim Brewster cheap shot in here somewhere, but I just don't want to take the effort to come up with one.
                    04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
                    USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
                    I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
                    Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
                    I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

Originally posted by ajoyce02 View Post
                      There is a Tim Brewster cheap shot in here somewhere, but I just don't want to take the effort to come up with one.
                      Hmph. I was going to go with, "The Gophers were robbed" or something.....

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Hmph. I was going to go with, "The Gophers were robbed" or something.....
                        We could work in some Gopher Nation jokes, jokes about waiting for Brewster to get his recruits in, offense jokes (wait, their offense is the joke)...I mean the possibilities are just about endless.

It's the gift that keeps on giving.
                        04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
                        USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
                        I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
                        Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
                        I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

Originally posted by dave29 View Post
                          Yes. There is nothing better to do in Nebraska then follow Husker football. Love them or hate them you have to admit that their fans are some of the most loyal fans out there.

Also, they have not been as dominant as they used to be but they are starting to comeback though.
                          But Dave, the 'word' is relevant or irrelevant...as in "Nebraska is irrelevant". All the 'in the know' fans, bloggers and sportscasters use that term to describe any team that isn't currently in the top 10 or hasn't won the NC for > 10 years. Doesn't matter that Nebraska plays in a BCS conference, impacts the SOS of every team they play and could either be in the BCS championship or directly influence who is in the BCS Championship (Texas?)...they are irrelevant.

It really makes you sound like you know what you are talking about since typically you'd have to have broad knowledge of a subject to be able to determine the relevance of an entity.

Sort of like 'classy', use of relevant or irrelevant is usually a clue that the person utilizing the term lacks it themselves.

As we speak, elves are coming up with next year's word and irrelevant will eventually move to the back of the shelf with classy, fanboy and other irrelevant words.
                          I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Thought #1: Notre Dame still marketable for tickets and merch. Unfortunately it doesn't work in terms of recruiting.

Thought #2: Where is Miami? Have they really fallen that far?

Thought #3: Is Union ranked #26?
                            A Decade of Dominance

2001 2003 2004 2007 2008 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              The one that surprises me the most is South Carolina...I guess Lou Holtz and Steve Spurrier really have helped that program...I've never thought of that program in the same breath as the rest listed...
                              Reference below reasoning, substituting "South Carolina" and "Gamecock" for "Nebraska" and "Husker".

You can also give some credit to the conference they play in as well. When your team is playing Floridas and Alabamas of the world, it makes sense.
                              Bruce Ciskie > PA

Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

Blizzard Drinking: Duluth's Answer to Gulf Coast Hurricane Parties

Comment

Working...
                              X