2009 MLB Thread, Part II: Claimed Off The Waiver Wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009 MLB Thread, Part II: Claimed Off The Waiver Wire

The White Sox will be retiring Frank Thomas' #35 this season...

Much like Ken Griffey Jr., Thomas is one of the few players who did things the "right way" in the 1990's... Not once has he been linked to PEDs... I'll definitely be looking forward to seeing him in Cooperstown in a few years...
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I'm sick of people saying Frank Thomas did things the right way. Just because he wasn't caught doing anything doesn't make him a Saint.

And it definitely doesn't make him innocent.

We have no idea if the people that are clean cheated or not. Unless you have all their urine and blood samples from back in the day.

Otherwise, sthu. Stop praising the man for not cheating, instead praise him for being one of the best players of his era.
      Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        2 years, $23 mil for Lincecum.
        Wonder why they didn't try to lock him up longer?

Lincecum will now be a Yankee in three years...
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          Wonder why they didn't try to lock him up longer?

Lincecum will now be a Yankee in three years...
          Because Lincecum didn't want to sign a 3 year deal. And Lincecum is still arbitration eligible until 2013.

For the Love of God before you get all catty at the Yankees do some research.

This deal is for 2010 and 2011. 2012 and 2013 he will still be under the control of the Giants.

2014 is his first arbitration year.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
            I'm sick of people saying Frank Thomas did things the right way. Just because he wasn't caught doing anything doesn't make him a Saint.

And it definitely doesn't make him innocent.

We have no idea if the people that are clean cheated or not. Unless you have all their urine and blood samples from back in the day.

Otherwise, sthu. Stop praising the man for not cheating, instead praise him for being one of the best players of his era.
            Wow, someone is in a bad mood today. Geesh.

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
            Because Lincecum didn't want to sign a 3 year deal. And Lincecum is still arbitration eligible until 2013.

For the Love of God before you get all catty at the Yankees do some research.

This deal is for 2010 and 2011. 2012 and 2013 he will still be under the control of the Giants.

2014 is his first arbitration year.
            I am confused. First you have Lincecum arbitration eligible until 2013 and then you have 2014 as his first arbitration year. Do you mean 2014 is his first FA year?
            My Four Favorite teams:
            RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
            Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
              I am confused. First you have Lincecum arbitration eligible until 2013 and then you have 2014 as his first arbitration year. Do you mean 2014 is his first FA year?
              He will be eligible for FA after the 2013 season.

Re: Thomas. And I'm not in a bad mood, I'm just finding this finding of sainthood for not getting caught to be stupid.

Just because he didn't get caught doesn't make him amazing and it doesn't even make him innocent.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                so spring training starts in less than two weeks... where is Gary Sheffield going to play?????
                He's going to be part of a barnstorming all-star team (existing only in my mind) that includes the guys you listed plus Pedro Martinez and Felipe Lopez.
                Cornell University Men's Hockey
                NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

The unsigned Felipe Lopez dumps Scott Boras: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/84339737.html

Comment

Mark Mulder reportedly retires
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Nate McLouth wears #24 on his jersey because 24 is his favorite TV show. That's pretty funny.
                      Cornell University Men's Hockey
                      NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                      Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Ozzie Guillen has a twitter account...get ready for some awesome quotes.

Comment

You gotta love preseason scores.

Cardinals 11, Mets 17 (F)
                          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Nomar signs 1 day contract with the Red Sox and officially retires as a member of the Red Sox.

http://www.nesn.com/2010/03/nomar-ga...was-empty.html

Comment

Floating Realignment

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                                Looks like a good way to keep the Twins or Tigers out of the postseason.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X