Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009 MLB Thread, Part II: Claimed Off The Waiver Wire

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    The Twins are trying their best to waste money like the Yankees and Red Sox. They gave Carl Pavano $7 million for one year.
    Smart move. This way they can bring up Pavano when the fans are in a riot about blowing the Mauer negotiations.

"See? We are willing to spend money!!"
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Nolan Ryan part of group to buy Texas Rangers
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Ben Sheets signs with Oakland for one year, $10 mil, plus incentives. That's a lot of money for a guy whose biggest win total for a season is 13.
        Last edited by jen; 01-26-2010, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
          Ben Sheets signs with Oakland for one year, $10 mil, plus incentives. That's a lot of money for a guy whose biggest win total for a season is 13.
          how could he do this to us
          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
            how could he do this to us

Obviously the Yankees did not have enough money to get him. Maybe you shouldn't have spent it all on losers like Sabathia.

Comment

Obviously the Yankees did not have enough money to get him. Maybe you shouldn't have spent it all on losers like Sabathia.
              this is how elin must feel right now. i will slap ben with a baseball glove if i ever see him!
              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

It's actually up to $10M w/ incentives. And kinda smart on his part. The A's just want to trade him at the deadline, so Sheets will be on a contender in August instead of on a bad Mets team. And the A's will probably only pay about $5M, max, and get some good prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                  It's actually up to $10M w/ incentives. And kinda smart on his part. The A's just want to trade him at the deadline, so Sheets will be on a contender in August instead of on a bad Mets team. And the A's will probably only pay about $5M, max, and get some good prospects.
                  Interesting, had not thought of it that way. But when he gets hurt, no one is going to want him, and Oakland will be stuck.

edit: where did you see up to $10 mil? Everything I have seen says 10 plus incentives.
                  Last edited by jen; 01-27-2010, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Interesting, had not thought of it that way. But when he gets hurt, no one is going to want him, and Oakland will be stuck.

edit: where did you see up to $10 mil? Everything I have seen says 10 plus incentives.
                    Your salary was correct, the site I was using updated to it.

Comment

so spring training starts in less than two weeks... where is Gary Sheffield going to play????? Some big names left.. Dye, Damon, Crede, Delgado...

Comment

Tim Lincecum's arbitration hearing is today. Giants filed for $8 mil, he filed for $13 mil. Should be interesting. I think it'd be pretty hard to come up with reasons he's only worth $8 million, when you look at other pitchers' salaries. I don't think $13 million is outlandish (relatively) for someone who has won the Cy Young in both seasons he's pitched in the majors.

Comment

I can't believe the Giants didn't settle and they're actually going to a hearing. $13's going to be cheap compared to what it's going to cost to keep him in 3 years if he keeps this up.
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I highly doubt that arbitration hearing will take place.
                            "I try to be 100% realistic outside of the arena and 100% enthusiastic inside the arena. Not saying that's the only way, the right way, the best way, or even a good way - just my way." -LynahFan

Comment

The Giants would be stupid not to settle - I really do not think they would win. But hey, Corey Hart won his hearing... so who knows what could happen?

Comment

2 years, $23 mil for Lincecum.
                                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X