Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009 MLB Thread, Part II: Claimed Off The Waiver Wire

Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing View Post
    It's official. Holliday staying in St. Louis. http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns
    And Randy Johnson is reportedly retiring tonight as well, at 303 wins.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
      And Randy Johnson is reportedly retiring tonight as well, at 303 wins.
      Get out of his face! No cameras!!

Comment

It's official. Holliday staying in St. Louis. http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns
        7/120 is a lot of money. Not a significantly higher average annual value than Bay signed for, though, for what it's worth.
        Cornell University Men's Hockey
        NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
        Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
          7/120 is a lot of money. Not a significantly higher average annual value than Bay signed for, though, for what it's worth.
          Especially given the fact that where else was Holliday going to go?
          Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Especially given the fact that where else was Holliday going to go?
            I want to say its a Mets like move by the Cardinals: they basically bid against themselves.
            Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

That's a lot of money to drop a fly ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                That's a lot of money to drop a fly ball.
                I suspect he'll make up for that though.

Comment

I suspect he'll make up for that though.
                  lotta games against the bucco's pitching staff helps

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• In other news, the Minnesota Twins have done absolutely nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      In other news, the Minnesota Twins have done absolutely nothing.
                      Considering the lack of free agent talent that the Twins could remotely afford, it's not surprising. Also, they'll need to break the bank to resign Mauer next winter.

That and the Pohlad family is not known for being free spenders.

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                        Sets the stage for re-signing Pujols perhaps. I can't even imagine what they're going to have to pay him. After Holliday and Pujols, they won't be able to afford anything else.

Comment

Considering the lack of free agent talent that the Twins could remotely afford, it's not surprising. Also, they'll need to break the bank to resign Mauer next winter.
                          Considering what two teams in particular will be willing to pay him, the Twins may have to rob a bank, I'm thinking a Federal Reserve bank, to pay Mauer.
                          "I try to be 100% realistic outside of the arena and 100% enthusiastic inside the arena. Not saying that's the only way, the right way, the best way, or even a good way - just my way." -LynahFan

Comment

Originally posted by kennedy View Post
                            Considering what two teams in particular will be willing to pay him, the Twins may have to rob a bank, I'm thinking a Federal Reserve bank, to pay Mauer.
                            Both sides are claiming that a deal should get done this winter, before those 2 goddamm teams get their chance. Well, according to the ****ty local paper.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              In other news, the Minnesota Twins have done absolutely nothing.
                              They picked up Condrey and retained Cabrera and Pavano...they have JJ Hardy now to play 3rd base...

Condrey is a decent reliever who knows how to win. Kindof hoping the Cubs would have taken a run at him.

The rest... well...
                              Fire Greg Shepherd!!!!

It's spelled S I O U X

We didn't win a championship, but we won a lot of respect. - Cary Eades, North Dakota Fighting Sioux Assistant Coach (Thanks PCM)

Comment

Originally posted by redwing77 View Post
                                They picked up Condrey and retained Cabrera and Pavano...they have JJ Hardy now to play 3rd base...

Condrey is a decent reliever who knows how to win. Kindof hoping the Cubs would have taken a run at him.

The rest... well...
                                I'm pretty sure the rise in pink JJ Hardy t-shirt sales will allow the Twins to re-sign Mauer. I wouldn't underestimate his value.

Comment

Working...
                                X