2009 MLB Thread, Part II: Claimed Off The Waiver Wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009 MLB Thread, Part II: Claimed Off The Waiver Wire

Of the 90s? Can he be named the worst pitcher of the 00's too! He's certainly earned it.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

****, you caught that like three minutes before I noticed it and was going to edit it.
      Cornell University Men's Hockey
      NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
      Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing View Post
        I'd be shocked if he posted fewer than 20 wins and an ERA over 3.5
        The issue is that Lee will do the same. On the field results wise, I think Lee and Halladay are essentially a wash.

However, getting the extension done with Halladay, and the $6M from Toronto, I think the Phils came out ahead. The prospects they gave up (Drabek, D'Arnaud, Taylor) are all better than what they are getting (Aumont has had injury problems and is very raw, Gilles is fast but didn't hit for power in the best hitting park in the minors, and Ramirez isn't elite), though.

Comment

He just had to be first in line for the post-game spread.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Well, judging by the way he pitched, he was usually able to get started in the 3rd inning. Unless he faced the Tigers, in which case he usually threw a 2-hitter.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
              But they're going to cover the Winter Classic this year!

See why the whole pro-Sox thing just seems to happen on its own?
              NBC doesnt have the Winter Classic again?
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                NBC doesnt have the Winter Classic again?
                They do, but ESPN is actually sending people to cover it in Boston this year which is different than how they've done things the last two years.
                R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

They do, but ESPN is actually sending people to cover it in Boston this year which is different than how they've done things the last two years.
                  Due to it not being in Boston the first two years. Since ESPN cares as much about hockey as they do preschool badminton.
                  Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Their travel costs will be low
                    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Of course if the game was in New York City, the mother ship would ignore it completely.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        Of course if the game was in New York City, the mother ship would ignore it completely.
                        Kind of one the same track...

Does anyone know why they NEVER have someone from New York on Around the Horn?

The East is always represented by Boston or DC.
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          Kind of one the same track...

Does anyone know why they NEVER have someone from New York on Around the Horn?

The East is always represented by Boston or DC.
                          I don't watch anymore, but did they ask Lupica, or is he too big to go on a show that isn't a weekly? They have Tony on PTI anyway

Comment

I don't watch anymore, but did they ask Lupica, or is he too big to go on a show that isn't a weekly? They have Tony on PTI anyway
                            Wait, you want to see (and more importantly hear) more of/from Lupica? What's wrong with you?
                            2005 Crowder Award Winner
                            Charter Member of the "Ask a Yankee Fan" Thread

"hey safety school, think of it this way. BC girls wear superfan shirts because they wear them tight and look hot. BU girls wear jersies and face paint to cover up their fat, ugly bodies. quite frankly, i wear my jersies to games and I enjoy seeing the girls who don't." - SteveF

"Giants Stadium...you thought I was never comin' back!?!" - #92 Michael Strahan

GIANTS!
                            2008 NFC East Champions

Comment

They did a great job of ignoring the one in Chicago last year. Chicago is kind of a big city.
                              R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Milton Bradley to Mariners for Carlos Silva - http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/ml...ory?id=4754761

Comment

Working...
                                X