Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009 MLB Thread, Part II: Claimed Off The Waiver Wire

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
    My completely biased view here is that ESPN lives to play the part of mouthpiece for the Sox organization. You can see why that would work against their coverage of the Yankees. Sure they talk about the Yankees a lot but its generally to punch holes in them and talk crap.
    From the Boston side of Bristol, I would agree that they rip on the Yankees more than on the Sox, but they certainly seem to heap their fair share of praise on the Yanks, too. I can understand why Yankees fans would hate that, though; ESPN has become a joke. This was obvious when Dan Patrick (who could be entertaining/funny without being a clown) left.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
    -Fred Shero

Comment

Rays to acquire Rafael Soriano from the Braves for Jesse Chavez. Rays to pay 100% of Soriano's salary

Things are shaping up nicely for Tampa:

C: Shoppach/Navarro
      1b: Pena
      2b: Sean Rodriguez
      3b: Longoria
      SS: Bartlett
      LF: Crawford
      CF: Upton
      RF: Zobrist
      DH: Burrell

SP1: Shields
      SP2: Garza
      SP3: Niemann
      SP4: Price
      SP5: Wade Davis

Closer: Soriano
      SU: JP Howell
      SU: Dan Wheeler
      MR: Grant Balfour
      MR: Lance Cormier
      LR: Andy Sonnanstine

Now if only they could play in any other division in baseball...

Comment

Maybe they can ask Uncle Bud to give them the Brewers treatment and switch them to the NL.
        R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by redwing77 View Post
          Until the comedic break to point out the Cubs. Then its back to Red Sox, Albert Pujols lovefest, and then how awesome is the Red Sox going to be next year if it isn't going to be this year? And then the Yankees pointing out how they'd love to carry Jeter and A-Rod's love children....if they can't get one from LeBron James or Albert Pujols.
          That was a chillingly accurate summary of all of ESPN's baseball coverage since 1997.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

TAnd also probably why the coverage at ESPN will get worse because they'll keep falling back on former players to give analysis.
            With horrible taste in women. Don't forget that.
            It's interesting: I dislike ESPN because they don't care about hockey. That's pretty much it for me...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I can't think of the last time I watched something on ESPN that wasn't a live sporting event or 30 at 30.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                With horrible taste in women. Don't forget that.
                It's interesting: I dislike ESPN because they don't care about hockey. That's pretty much it for me...
                But they're going to cover the Winter Classic this year!

See why the whole pro-Sox thing just seems to happen on its own?
                R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
                  Because neither knew what they were talking about. Do you miss Rob Dibble too?
                  I miss the dan patrick radio show days with Dibble...him and is stories...crazy...although i do thoroughly enjoy the current version of the dp show...
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

See why the whole pro-Sox thing just seems to happen on its own?
                    Considering their Spygate obsession and their great love of Kobe Jesus, it would be nice if they threw the city a bone...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      I miss the dan patrick radio show days with Dibble...him and is stories...crazy...although i do thoroughly enjoy the current version of the dp show...
                      Me too. One of the best radio shows ever.
                      My Four Favorite teams:
                      RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                      Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        I watch just about everyday on the 101 on DirecTV. It's nice to see the behind-the-scenes stuff, watch Dan play golf and shoot hoops...and the Wall of Morale is nice too.

Comment

i don't know that i'd trade cliff lee for roy halliday
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            1 year of Cliff Lee or 5 of Roy Halladay. I'll take the longer option, but I'd really like to have both for the 1 year to actually improve the rotation instead of just one spot... oh well.
                            Boston University 2009 Champs
                            Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              Yes, that'd just be silly.

Barring injury, he's going to put up HUGE numbers next year. Imagine not having to pitch to Boston and the Yankees 1/3 of his starts and getting to pitch to the Mets, Braves, and Nationals instead.

I'd be shocked if he posted fewer than 20 wins and an ERA over 3.5
                              Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

ESPN.com names Sidney Ponson the worst pitcher of the 90s
                                Cornell University Men's Hockey
                                NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                                Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Working...
                                X