• Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009 MLB Thread, Part II: Claimed Off The Waiver Wire

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    I'm just happy I get the MLB Network!
    My Four Favorite teams:
    RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
    Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Karl Ravech isn't bad, but the rest of the lot is hideous at best.
      His hairpiece does most of the talking though.
      R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

The MLB Network is putting together quite a stable of talent.

Comment

Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
          There goes any reason to watch ESPN's baseball coverage.

I do dispute the article's contention that the firing of Steve Phillips contributes any tangible amount to the "whole lot of inner-circle knowledge the World Wide Leader's certainly gonna miss." The breakdown is something like Gammons 99%, Phillips 1%.
          COMON! How could any Yankee or Red Sox fan (not assuming you are one) NOT like ESPN's coverage?

Maybe Peter Gammons left ESPN to pursue an opportunity to report on ALL teams, not just big market ones.

NAH.
          Fire Greg Shepherd!!!!

It's spelled S I O U X

We didn't win a championship, but we won a lot of respect. - Cary Eades, North Dakota Fighting Sioux Assistant Coach (Thanks PCM)

Comment

Giving Phillips 1% is too high. More like -50%.
            Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by redwing77 View Post
              COMON! How could any Yankee or Red Sox fan (not assuming you are one) NOT like ESPN's coverage?

Maybe Peter Gammons left ESPN to pursue an opportunity to report on ALL teams, not just big market ones.

NAH.
              Yankees fans hate ESPN coverage.

Comment

12 million for Pettitte?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                  The MLB Network is putting together quite a stable of talent.
                  Karl Ravech isn't bad, but the rest of the lot is hideous at best.
                  I miss the good old days with Reynolds and Kruk together. They made it interesting.

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                  Go on...
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    I miss the good old days with Reynolds and Kruk together. They made it interesting.
                    Because neither knew what they were talking about. Do you miss Rob Dibble too?

Comment

Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
                      Because neither knew what they were talking about. Do you miss Rob Dibble too?
                      Hahaha no.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        12 million for Pettitte?
                        For one year. Worth it for the Yankees as he earned that much last year hitting all of his incentives. Add to that that he manned up huge in the playoffs and he fills out the rotation ideally... It's fine. They're taking care of one of their own guys and not dicking with him the way they did last year.

Comment

Do explain. It seems like they alternate between Red Sox and Yankee coverage and give everyone else what's left of the time slot.
                          Fire Greg Shepherd!!!!

It's spelled S I O U X

We didn't win a championship, but we won a lot of respect. - Cary Eades, North Dakota Fighting Sioux Assistant Coach (Thanks PCM)

Comment

Do explain. It seems like they alternate between Red Sox and Yankee coverage and give everyone else what's left of the time slot.
                            My completely biased view here is that ESPN lives to play the part of mouthpiece for the Sox organization. You can see why that would work against their coverage of the Yankees. Sure they talk about the Yankees a lot but its generally to punch holes in them and talk crap.

Comment

My completely biased view here is that ESPN lives to play the part of mouthpiece for the Sox organization. You can see why that would work against their coverage of the Yankees. Sure they talk about the Yankees a lot but its generally to punch holes in them and talk crap.
                              I concede to your viewpoint. After a while Yankees this and Red Sox that all seems to blend together.

Until the comedic break to point out the Cubs. Then its back to Red Sox, Albert Pujols lovefest, and then how awesome is the Red Sox going to be next year if it isn't going to be this year? And then the Yankees pointing out how they'd love to carry Jeter and A-Rod's love children....if they can't get one from LeBron James or Albert Pujols.
                              Fire Greg Shepherd!!!!

It's spelled S I O U X

Comment

I concede to your viewpoint. After a while Yankees this and Red Sox that all seems to blend together.

Until the comedic break to point out the Cubs. Then its back to Red Sox, Albert Pujols lovefest, and then how awesome is the Red Sox going to be next year if it isn't going to be this year? And then the Yankees pointing out how they'd love to carry Jeter and A-Rod's love children....if they can't get one from LeBron James or Albert Pujols.
                                This is why the MLB Network will make them irrelevant... And also probably why the coverage at ESPN will get worse because they'll keep falling back on former players to give analysis.

Comment

Working...
                                X