• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMC
    replied
    Re: 2009 MLB Thread, Part II: Claimed Off The Waiver Wire

Originally posted by jen View Post
    Interesting, had not thought of it that way. But when he gets hurt, no one is going to want him, and Oakland will be stuck.

edit: where did you see up to $10 mil? Everything I have seen says 10 plus incentives.
    Your salary was correct, the site I was using updated to it.

Leave a comment:

• jen
    replied

Originally posted by AMC View Post
    It's actually up to $10M w/ incentives. And kinda smart on his part. The A's just want to trade him at the deadline, so Sheets will be on a contender in August instead of on a bad Mets team. And the A's will probably only pay about $5M, max, and get some good prospects.
    Interesting, had not thought of it that way. But when he gets hurt, no one is going to want him, and Oakland will be stuck.

edit: where did you see up to $10 mil? Everything I have seen says 10 plus incentives.
    Last edited by jen; 01-27-2010, 10:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AMC
    replied

Ben Sheets signs with Oakland for one year, $10 mil, plus incentives. That's a lot of money for a guy whose biggest win total for a season is 13.
    It's actually up to $10M w/ incentives. And kinda smart on his part. The A's just want to trade him at the deadline, so Sheets will be on a contender in August instead of on a bad Mets team. And the A's will probably only pay about $5M, max, and get some good prospects.

Leave a comment:

• SteveF
    replied

Obviously the Yankees did not have enough money to get him. Maybe you shouldn't have spent it all on losers like Sabathia.
    this is how elin must feel right now. i will slap ben with a baseball glove if i ever see him!

Leave a comment:

• jen
    replied

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
    how could he do this to us

Obviously the Yankees did not have enough money to get him. Maybe you shouldn't have spent it all on losers like Sabathia.

Leave a comment:

• SteveF
    replied

Ben Sheets signs with Oakland for one year, $10 mil, plus incentives. That's a lot of money for a guy whose biggest win total for a season is 13.
    how could he do this to us

Leave a comment:

• jen
    replied

Last edited by jen; 01-26-2010, 01:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Nolan Ryan part of group to buy Texas Rangers

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    The Twins are trying their best to waste money like the Yankees and Red Sox. They gave Carl Pavano $7 million for one year.
    Smart move. This way they can bring up Pavano when the fans are in a riot about blowing the Mauer negotiations.

"See? We are willing to spend money!!"

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied

The Twins are trying their best to waste money like the Yankees and Red Sox. They gave Carl Pavano $7 million for one year.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Originally posted by MattS View Post
    See I knew someone would come up with a excuse as to why the Twin won't spend money. And it only took 3 minutes!!
    i just recycled what john double ah u henry was trying to float weeks ago.

Leave a comment:

• MattS
    replied

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    "why bother spending $120MM when the yankees will just spend $250MM!!!! we can't compete!!!"

See I knew someone would come up with a excuse as to why the Twin won't spend money. And it only took 3 minutes!!

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Originally posted by MattS View Post
    I am sure that it is all the Yankees fault that the Twins won't spend money.
    "why bother spending $120MM when the yankees will just spend $250MM!!!! we can't compete!!!"

Leave a comment:

• MattS
    replied

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    There is no reason that the Twins shouldn't be pushing $90-100 million in payroll with a new state funded stadium that gives the revenue they couldn't get from the Metrodome. The place will be sold out this season and if they keep Mauer and play well, it should be regularly sold out. Luxury money goes to the twins. There really is no excuse in a metro area of this size that the Twins can complain now that they have their own stadium.
    I am sure that it is all the Yankees fault that the Twins won't spend money.

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

There is no reason that the Twins shouldn't be pushing $90-100 million in payroll with a new state funded stadium that gives the revenue they couldn't get from the Metrodome. The place will be sold out this season and if they keep Mauer and play well, it should be regularly sold out. Luxury money goes to the twins. There really is no excuse in a metro area of this size that the Twins can complain now that they have their own stadium.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X