• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009 MLB Thread, Part II: Claimed Off The Waiver Wire

relax
    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
      Look up my quotes from the 2007 Playoffs when Caray was doing the Indians-Yankees series and aurally jerking off Cleveland all series.
      "AND HERE COME THE YANKEES!"

He was brutal then; even worse today.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Makes sense because they were sucking Dick Pole all year.
        How come no one has said the perfect set up Headline?

"The Reds give Dick Pole the Shaft"

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        Omg The Motetrodome Has A White Rooff!!1!
        I thought it was sortof a cream color? Maybe eggshell?

Ron Darling talking >>>>>>>> Chip Caray talking
        I'll take both of them over Ron Santo or Hawk Harrelson. ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

Originally posted by jen View Post
        I just realized the Twins are really the only likeable team for me in the playoffs (the Tigers would've been, too). Everyone else I'm just rooting for because I dislike their opponent more. The Dodgers-Cardinals series is a really tough one to pick which one I like less.
        Don't worry. 4 games from now, there will be no likeable teams in the playoffs.

I'm shooting for the Rockies just because.
        Fire Greg Shepherd!!!!

It's spelled S I O U X

We didn't win a championship, but we won a lot of respect. - Cary Eades, North Dakota Fighting Sioux Assistant Coach (Thanks PCM)

Comment

Look up my quotes from the 2007 Playoffs when Caray was doing the Indians-Yankees series and aurally jerking off Cleveland all series.
          Whichever way the wind blows. He'll be hanging out in a restroom with Gardenhire if the Twins win a few games.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
            holy cow is Ron Darling annoying. Shut the **** up already! You don't need to fill every spare second.
            He's done nothing of note since Shallow Hal.
            Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
            2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
            2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
            Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Matt Stairs is so slow that the Phillies used a pitcher to pinch run for him.

Wait, no, Matt Stairs is so slow that the Phillies used a white pitcher to pinch run for him.

Wait, no, Matt Stairs is so slow that the Phillies used a white pitcher who's been on base a grand total of ten times in his major league career to pinch run for him.
              Cornell University Men's Hockey
              NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
              Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Matt Stairs just got to the dugout.

Good to see a lot of kids in Philadelphia & LA are skipping school to see daytime playoff baseball. There is hope.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                Twenty red lights in his honor
                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

AP reports that we will all be able to adore Ken Griffey Jr. for another year with Seattle. There are few athletes I've enjoyed watching more.

Comment

Something for everyone to enjoy:

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_vUhSYLRw14&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_vUhSYLRw14&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344">
                    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Ooh, I just made a touchdown.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Greinke gets AL Cy Young.

Comment

For those of you interested:

MLB network tonight at 8 pm and 11 pm, Bob Costas interviews Ernie Harwell. This could very well be the last time we see him.
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Cuza said Martinez was suffering from the flu in Game 6 of the World Series, in which the right-hander allowed four runs, all earned, in just four innings against the New York Yankees, who clinched the Series title in that game.

"I think he lost 13 pounds," Cuza said, according to FoxSports.com. "When I saw him in Miami last week, he was still battling it. He said, 'I don't know what hit me.' I don't know how he took the mound that night. I didn't realize how sick he was."

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              For those of you interested:

MLB network tonight at 8 pm and 11 pm, Bob Costas interviews Ernie Harwell. This could very well be the last time we see him.
                              Is he ill? I hadn't heard about that.
                              Cornell University Men's Hockey
                              NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                              Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                                Is he ill? I hadn't heard about that.
                                He's dying of incurable bile duct cancer. He's got months, if not weeks to live.
                                Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Working...
                                X