Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 114th Congress: How Low Can They Go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 114th Congress: How Low Can They Go?

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Start looking for a new job Kelly! Good luck overcoming a Dem Presidential win in NH next year.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/1...-ayotte-214427
    This is excellent news for the good guys' chances of retaking the Senate!
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Just the kind of guy the RNC wants in a leadership position going into a national election.

House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-LA) told members in a conference call that he has a more than 140 committed votes in the race to become House majority leader, according to a Sunday report from the Roll Call.
      Scalise is the climate change denier with the white nationalist problem. This should be fun.
      Last edited by Kepler; 10-05-2015, 11:37 AM.
      Cornell University
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Scalise is the climate change denier with the white nationalist problem. This should be fun.
        Well, no wonder he's locked up the votes then!
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Well, no wonder he's locked up the votes then!
          To be honest it shocks the hell outta me. Price must've peed in the punch bowl at the last HRCC banquet (host: Hooters) because Scalise is pretty obnoxious and HML is the Speaker's go-to for party business. To have a disagreement in philosophy between an Establishment Speaker and an Insurgent HML would be really strange and counter-productive: it would be like duplicating the Senate gridlock between McConnell and the TPers over in the House, and doing it intentionally.

I don't see the slightest benefit to the GOP, and conversely a lot of headaches that are 100% avoidable.

Unless of course it signals that Chaffetz has the juice to beat McCarthy, in which case the inmates will have taken over the asylum. But I just can't believe that's going to happen.
          Last edited by Kepler; 10-05-2015, 01:01 PM.
          Cornell University

Comment

To be honest it shocks the hell outta me. Price must've peed in the punch bowl at the last HRCC banquet (host: Hooters) because Scalise is pretty obnoxious and HML is the Speaker's go-to for party business. To have a disagreement in philosophy between an Establishment Speaker and an Insurgent HML would be really strange and counter-productive: it would be like duplicating the Senate gridlock between McConnell and the TPers over in the House, and doing it intentionally.

I don't see the slightest benefit to the GOP, and conversely a lot of headaches that are 100% avoidable.

Unless of course it signals that Chaffetz has the juice to beat McCarthy, in which case the inmates will have taken over the asylum. But I just can't believe that's going to happen.
            Depends on your opinion of the GOP. Some might think they're crazy like a fox. Others think they're just crazy! Won't get into which camp I'm in, but lets just say I wouldn't be surprised if McCarthy goes Bob Livingston on us, as in he gets the job and then faces an immediate recall. In the meantime Chaffetz can just wait for him to fail, and then say "told ya so". He's got nothing to lose and it builds him up for when fossil Hatch retires and he upgrades to a Senate seat.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
              Depends on your opinion of the GOP. Some might think they're crazy like a fox. Others think they're just crazy! Won't get into which camp I'm in, but lets just say I wouldn't be surprised if McCarthy goes Bob Livingston on us, as in he gets the job and then faces an immediate recall. In the meantime Chaffetz can just wait for him to fail, and then say "told ya so". He's got nothing to lose and it builds him up for when fossil Hatch retires and he upgrades to a Senate seat.
              IIRC Bob never faced the House voters. He was the heir apparent but declined/resigned in the middle of the impeachment hearings.

Note to parties: Before you indict, make sure you have the votes to convict.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The GOP majority in this Congress continues to set new records in clusterf-ckerry.

Speaker John Boehner, who plans to leave office a day before Halloween, told a group of Republican colleagues last week he had an awful nightmare.

“I had this terrible nightmare last night that I was trying to get out and I couldn’t get out,” the Ohio Republican joked, according to one of his longtime friends, Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.). “And a hand came reaching, pulling me.”

But Boehner’s nightmare could become reality if House Republicans fail to rally around their nominee for Speaker in a floor vote set for Oct. 29.
                Boehner’s deputy, Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), is expected to win the nomination in a closed-door vote on Thursday. But if he can’t reach 218 votes in the formal floor vote, additional rounds of voting will be held.

And if no other GOP candidate for Speaker can secure 218, Boehner would not resign his post as Speaker.

“If you don’t put up 218, Boehner stays Speaker,” Cole explained, “because his resignation doesn’t take effect until there’s a new Speaker.

“They’ve checked with the parliamentarian about that. ... We will not be without a Speaker."
                So Boehner could become the Congressional Harry Chiti, who was traded by the Indians to the Mets for a player to be named later, which the Mets fulfilled with... Harry Chiti.
                Cornell University

Comment

It is pretty funny that they can't even vote for Speaker from within their own ranks without it turning into a clown show. Can they do anything right?

Comment

They were warned that a repeat of the previous GOP Congress would lead to dire consequences.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

It is pretty funny that they can't even vote for Speaker from within their own ranks without it turning into a clown show. Can they do anything right?
                      Illuminati must have reminded Boner about the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Illuminati must have reminded Boner about the plan.
                        They might want to find a more effective agent. Boner would spill the secret plan for a glass of Fat Bastard merlot and a pack of smokes.

Comment

who was traded by the Indians to the Mets for a player to be named later, which the Mets fulfilled with... Harry Chiti.
                          As an aside, this actually happens more often than you think. You just don't hear about it much.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Oh what the heck - Newt for Speaker.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

STOP THE PRESSES!!

@thehill: BREAKING: McCarthy drops out of race for Speaker, postpones election; story tk http://hill.cm/bDVJ0Xy http://twitter.com/thehill/status/65...458624/photo/1
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Holy fvkin sh !t!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X