Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 114th Congress: How Low Can They Go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Without reading - slim and none.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: The 114th Congress: How Low Can They Go?

Foreign relations goes to Clinton and it ain't close.
      National security is probably 60:40 Graham. Probably closer than that since I don't have their detailed resumes in front of me.

But it doesn't matter because A) He's posturing. B) That small part of his resume is dwarfed by the amount of derp smeared over the rest of his resume.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7515820.html

This is criminal and shows how irresponsible Republicans are. 99% of our problem with current law is because it all goes unenforced. Hamstringing the Courts perpetuates that. You want to know why people want new gun laws every time there is a Sandy Hook? It's because our system does not have the capacity to enforce the laws we do have.

Just another Republican strategy that appears to be working flawlessly. Starve the Legislative Branch, Starve the Judiciary. The only thing they need now is the Presidency which sits at it's highest power point since the Country was founded.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7515820.html

This is criminal and shows how irresponsible Republicans are. 99% of our problem with current law is because it all goes unenforced. Hamstringing the Courts perpetuates that. You want to know why people want new gun laws every time there is a Sandy Hook? It's because our system does not have the capacity to enforce the laws we do have.

Just another Republican strategy that appears to be working flawlessly. Starve the Legislative Branch, Starve the Judiciary. The only thing they need now is the Presidency which sits at it's highest power point since the Country was founded.
          The branches are not starved. In fact, it's quite the opposite. How many pieces of legislation in the last 15 years, would you say, have been at least 200 pages in length? There are so many laws on the books that people can't keep track of them, so they think they have to create laws (not to mention, status quo doesn't get you into the history books). I'm sure every single person that reads this post will break the law within the next hour, because there are too many laws, some of which are direct opposites so if you end up in a situation, you have no choice but to break the law.

Also, many of the laws may have one concept in mind, but are executed in another way. You wanted gun control after Columbine? Then why did the next shooting happen? Oh, that's right, because your gun laws only made law-abiding citizens defenceless. Criminals do not obey laws, and that is by definition. You need to account for that.

Comment

Slow walking judicial nominations does nothing to address any of the things you are talking about. This is just machine politics.

If this kind of crap keeps up we may as well go to a parliamentary system, because any time the president and the Senate are of different parties nothing will get done. 95% of the United States' problems are self-inflicted by its party system.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Slow walking judicial nominations does nothing to address any of the things you are talking about. This is just machine politics.

If this kind of crap keeps up we may as well go to a parliamentary system, because any time the president and the Senate are of different parties nothing will get done. 95% of the United States' problems are self-inflicted by its party system.
              Perhaps that's exactly what the founding fathers wanted. When they're of the same party, we get dog**** legislation to remove freedoms, like the PATRIOT Act, the UIGEA, the PPACA, and the list goes on from there. The only true way to preserve freedom is to prevent an oppressive government from having the power to remove them.

And no, I won't drop that mud.

Comment

Sauce for the goose? Harry pulling the same crap as Mitch, now.

Leaving aside whether sequestration should be eliminated (not sure) or whether the whole concept of the debt ceiling is moronic and should be eliminated (yes, obviously), this is the other side of the "I'll hold both our breaths and we'll asphyxiate together" coin. Between McConnell's judicial nominee blockade and Harry's spending bill blockade, we don't really have a government anyway. The anarchists win by default.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Leaving aside whether sequestration should be eliminated (not sure) or whether the whole concept of the debt ceiling is moronic and should be eliminated (yes, obviously), this is the other side of the "I'll hold both our breaths and we'll asphyxiate together" coin. Between McConnell's judicial nominee blockade and Harry's spending bill blockade, we don't really have a government anyway. The anarchists win by default.
                  That should show you there's no difference. Both parties want to spend spend spend, but they only want to spend spend spend if it has their letter attached to it, and they'll do anything to make sure that other letter doesn't get on there. At the end of the day, though, both parties have zero fiscal discipline. If this were Sim City, they'd be ousted.

Comment

I always wondered what the F Itch was thinking. IMHO a lot of conservatives still think they're dealing with 60's era hippy liberals who want to bring flowers to a gun fight. Those libs are by and large long gone, and we'd rather fight fire with fire. Useless Harry Reid must be trying to go out with a bang, but I would hold up Senate business until he grants a vote on judicial nominations. They don't have to approve them, and in fact if Senators vote the party line they won't, but the notion that will a year and half left in a Presidential term the Senate has unilaterally decided nobody no matter their bipartisan support or qualifications will get a vote is asinine.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      That should show you there's no difference. Both parties want to spend spend spend, but they only want to spend spend spend if it has their letter attached to it, and they'll do anything to make sure that other letter doesn't get on there. At the end of the day, though, both parties have zero fiscal discipline. If this were Sim City, they'd be ousted.
                      Patience, Grasshopper. The Day of Reckoning is nearer than what you think!
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

To get higher (in the sky), you have to get lower (in the sewer).
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          They'll just keep typing "FUND" until the game overflows and issues them a bond at -255% interest.
                          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                            They'll just keep typing "FUND" until the game overflows and issues them a bond at -255% interest.
                            I thought you were supposed to do that twice, then go to the finances screen, and be issued a bond at said interest?

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                              I can't remember if it was SimCity or SimCity 2000 where "iamacheat' gave you all tech, all rewards, and $500,000 cash each time. So you could have fusion powerplants in 1900 and few dozen mayor's mansions.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                I can't remember if it was SimCity or SimCity 2000 where "iamacheat' gave you all tech, all rewards, and $500,000 cash each time. So you could have fusion powerplants in 1900 and few dozen mayor's mansions.
                                Not sure. What I described is from 2000. I know "i am weak" in 3000 means you build everything for free, but still have to pay maintenance costs.

Comment

Working...
                                X