Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 114th Congress: How Low Can They Go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 114th Congress: How Low Can They Go?

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Dude can write, I'll give him that. On those occasions when I agree with Pat, his is a fine Marseillaise to march to.

America is still a huge market. I wonder what would happen if we simply said, "you have to match or exceed our labor and environmental laws, or we won't trade with you, give you aid, or ally with you."

I doubt it would work. But it might have worked in 1960.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Where the Senate went to college. The ECAC (including (ahem!) St. Lawrence) is well represented.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Take that bucky
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Sen. Tillis thinks restaurants should be able to opt out of mandatory hand-washing policy.

Say what?
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I was thinking about the mandatory hand washing rules out there. Are they doing more good or harm? I ask that because most soaps are anti-bacterial, which sounds good on the surface, but most people working in a kitchen don't likely wash their hands long enough for the soap to be truly effective against the bacteria, thus possibly aiding in the mutation of these bacteria that become resistant to those very soaps.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              I was thinking about the mandatory hand washing rules out there. Are they doing more good or harm? I ask that because most soaps are anti-bacterial, which sounds good on the surface, but most people working in a kitchen don't likely wash their hands long enough for the soap to be truly effective against the bacteria, thus possibly aiding in the mutation of these bacteria that become resistant to those very soaps.
              Tell you what. I'm going to go take a leak, not wash my hands, then make some nice juicy hamburgers just for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                Tell you what. I'm going to go take a leak, not wash my hands, then make some nice juicy hamburgers just for you.
                A good rinsing in the sink would be appreciated.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

If its not mandatory, why the hell would he care what you would appreciate?
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Too bad. I have rights. What are you, a Communist?

Comment

Might actually improve White Castle.

I kid, I kid! White Castle employees don't wash their hands.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Stop making thoughtful posts. This place is only for smarmy politically driven blather, or so it would seem.
                        Originally posted by Priceless
                        Good to see you're so reasonable.
                        Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                        Very well, said.
                        Originally posted by Rover
                        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                          Stop making thoughtful posts. This place is only for smarmy politically driven blather, or so it would seem.
                          What do you think we should do Bob?

Let employees not wash their hands before they handle your food?
                          Continue to require the cursory wash Clown suggests?
                          Require employees to follow the CDC Guidelines for hand washing including humming the "Happy Birthday" song twice, to ensure that anti-bacterial soap has a proper effect?

Comment

What do you think we should do Bob?

Let employees not wash their hands before they handle your food?
                            Continue to require the cursory wash Clown suggests?
                            Require employees to follow the CDC Guidelines for hand washing including humming the "Happy Birthday" song twice, to ensure that anti-bacterial soap has a proper effect?
                            Bob doesn't believe in vaccines so why would he believe in Soap? God will take care of it.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Bob doesn't believe in vaccines so why would he believe in Soap? God will take care of it.
                              Do you ever say anything that is accurate? Even randomly one would think you'd occasionally hit a nail on the head. Even a stopped clock is correct twice a day.
                              Originally posted by Priceless
                              Good to see you're so reasonable.
                              Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                              Very well, said.
                              Originally posted by Rover
                              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                                Do you ever say anything that is accurate? Even randomly one would think you'd occasionally hit a nail on the head. Even a stopped clock is correct twice a day.
                                Well, I did learn one thing today. Reading and research makes YOU an expert on vaccines. Congratulations.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X