Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 114th Congress: How Low Can They Go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 114th Congress: How Low Can They Go?

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
    Preferring Jackson-Lee over anyone at all tells me you need to recalculate your coordinates.
    She may be a terrible person, but she would also reliably vote the way I would want at a much higher rate than any GOP candidate.
    Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

I lean right on more issues than not (although I feel the goal posts are shifting) and I've voted almost straight Dems the last four years because I'm sick and tired of the herpaderps.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        I lean right on more issues than not (although I feel the goal posts are shifting) and I've voted almost straight Dems the last four years because I'm sick and tired of the herpaderps.
        With each passing election cycle (missed by three months in 2004, eligible to vote since 2006), I've started realizing that the Democrats often are the moderate right in the US these days. Not always - case in point, Sanders. But unless you're a voter dedicated to hard social conservative positions, you're shorting yourself if you vote Republican "for spending & economics".

Comment

Couldn't have said it better myself.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I was born in December 84. So I missed the 2002 midterms but voted for the first time in 2004.

Voted half-and-half D/R. In 2008 I voted mostly Rs. In 2010 it was another split year. In 2012 I voted for (IIRC) mostly Ds. In 2014 it was straight Ds.
            Code:

Comment

Socially liberal...fiscally centrist. Problem with the national GOP is that they come into November positioning themselves as targeting fiscal issues (primarily modest government)...but come January its all social conservatism.

At the state level, our DFL (with limited GOP opposition) rocks.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                Socially liberal...fiscally centrist. Problem with the national GOP is that they come into November positioning themselves as targeting fiscal issues (primarily modest government)...but come January its all social conservatism.

At the state level, our DFL (with limited GOP opposition) rocks.
                Which absolutely blows my mind that the GOP have blown it for two consecutve trips in the power chair. IMO it's time for a leadership change/revolt among the GOP in Congress.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Which absolutely blows my mind that the GOP have blown it for two consecutve trips in the power chair. IMO it's time for a leadership change/revolt among the GOP in Congress.
                  It was intentional. What Bilderberg wants, Bilderberg gets.

Comment

Today in derp.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Good article on our fine Senator from the great state of Arizona (and I'm not talking McCain!). They're calling him the anti-Trump.

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/this-...056697531.html
                      Originally posted by Priceless
                      Good to see you're so reasonable.
                      Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                      Very well, said.
                      Originally posted by Rover
                      A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                        Good article on our fine Senator from the great state of Arizona (and I'm not talking McCain!). They're calling him the anti-Trump.

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/this-...056697531.html
                        He sounds almost exactly like a younger McCain, replacing the war record with Mormon missionary work.

Comment

Why do so many hate Itch and Boner? Here's some insight. http://www.wnd.com/2015/09/revealed-...t-fight-obama/

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Why do so many hate Itch and Boner? Here's some insight. http://www.wnd.com/2015/09/revealed-...t-fight-obama/
                            In all honesty, despite the source, that is a good article.

The underlying assumption is, however, bonkers. The radical fringe of the right, which is truly out there -- a fringe of a fringe -- wildly overestimates the popularity of its positions in the larger electorate. In an on-cycle election the biggest risk the Republicans face is appearing too extremist. The base is going to be motivated and turn out no matter what -- they have been primed by 20 years of anti-Hillary propaganda on every Echo Chamber media outlet. The GOP nominee will beat his chest about the existential threat of another Clinton presidency, and the Republican foot-soldiers will fall into line.

But meanwhile, the rest of the country doubts the GOP has the maturity to govern, and stunts like shutting down the government underline the narrative that the Republican Party has been taken over by wackos. Articles like this circulating among the far right give me hope that once again the GOP will overplay its hand.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              In all honesty, despite the source, that is a good article.

The underlying assumption is, however, bonkers. The radical fringe of the right, which is truly out there -- a fringe of a fringe -- wildly overestimates the popularity of its positions in the larger electorate. In an on-cycle election the biggest risk the Republicans face is appearing too extremist. The base is going to be motivated and turn out no matter what -- they have been primed by 20 years of anti-Hillary propaganda on every Echo Chamber media outlet. The GOP nominee will beat his chest about the existential threat of another Clinton presidency, and the Republican foot-soldiers will fall into line.

But meanwhile, the rest of the country doubts the GOP has the maturity to govern, and stunts like shutting down the government underline the narrative that the Republican Party has been taken over by wackos. Articles like this circulating among the far right give me hope that once again the GOP will overplay its hand.
                              You could say the same thing about Obummer, in that he is extremist left. In some cases, extremity is a good thing, because it gives you a motivated base from which to build. The GOP's issue in the last few elections has been that they've been pandering to the middle too much and trying to "look good" in order to keep their job that they end up looking like "flip floppers" and essentially abandoning their base. Although Trump's showing an extreme position, he's getting so much support because he is providing this base that the right so desperately needs. I still think Trump's a trojan horse because of his financial support for the Clintons, though.

What caused the Taxed Enough Already party to be successful? Basic principles that motivated the base to act. What caused the Taxed Enough Already party to not be successful? The GOP group trying to mould said established base of the party into their fascist image. Meanwhile, the Democrat party moulded themselves to follow the base established by the Marxists, showing an established basis and leadership, where the people obviously gravitated.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                You could say the same thing about Obummer, in that he is extremist left.

Meanwhile, the Democrat party moulded themselves to follow the base established by the Marxists, showing an established basis and leadership, where the people obviously gravitated.

Are you currently under the care of a physician?
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X