Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 114th Congress: How Low Can They Go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: The 114th Congress: How Low Can They Go?

    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Jesus. You really are cuckoo for cocoa-puffs.




    Bout time you caught up
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

    Comment


    • Re: The 114th Congress: How Low Can They Go?

      Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      No, just standing up for men in real relationships. Feminazis will claim they want equal rights, but what they really want is to treat men like second class animals. Ever notice how, the second selective service is mentioned, they immediately back away from equal rights and become damsels in distress?
      As a man in a real relationship, I'm going to set you straight on a few things.

      1) Saying "feminazis" makes you an eejit right off.

      2) You should actually read a history of feminism. 98% of what feminists have fought for are things you, as somebody interested in pure equality before the law, would have fought alongside them for.

      3) Third Wave feminists already fought this battle with Second Wave feminists, and in a far more effective and informed way, than you. Twenty years ago. By the way: the good guys won.

      4) You're totally wrong on the "men as second class citizens" thing. That's taken from the so-called "men's rights movement," which is just a bunch of guys who got slammed for not paying child support and are butthurt.

      5) On the draft you are so wrong that I can honestly say I haven't ever heard a feminist maintain the draft should not be gender-blind. This is probably a terrible idea, and I haven't pre-read it, but in my quest to find any statement either way from a reasonable feminist group I found the exact opposite: a reddit thread. So here it is, in all its glory. I notice right near the front somebody from your part of Fearless-fighters-against-misandry Loonyland chimes in, so for all I know you may be rereading your own work. But I assume somebody somewhere talks about what I have always found: feminists support treating men and women equally, period: http://www.reddit.com/r/PoliticalDis...ld_be_drafted/
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

      Comment


      • Re: The 114th Congress: How Low Can They Go?

        Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        the so-called "men's rights movement," which is just a bunch of guys who got slammed for not paying child support and are butthurt.
        This is what I like about you Kepler, when you get the nail so squarely on the head.
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

        Comment


        • Re: The 114th Congress: How Low Can They Go?

          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Sounds about right to me. Keep it in your pants and there's no problem.
          But isn't that the problem? Biology is Queen and her rule is absolute. People are exercising their privilege to put Tab A into Slob B without any thought to the consequences. Only when there is the SURPRISE! does everyone get all excited (again).
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

          ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

          Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

          I want to live forever. So far, so good.

          Comment


          • Re: The 114th Congress: How Low Can They Go?

            Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Yeah, I'm retracting my defense of Flag. I think you were right, and he's clearly nuts.
            Don't forget to apologize to me as well. I've been saying that for years.

            And I totally believe he's in a healthy relationship. The last one ended badly when she sprung a leak and deflated....
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

            Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

            "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

            Comment


            • Re: The 114th Congress: How Low Can They Go?

              Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Yeah, that's fair. But, personally I don't care if the entire law is slanted the women's direction.
              I'm with you on that. Just today someone posted on Facebook a recent quote from Ruth Bader Ginsburg that I hadn't seen before, "People ask me sometimes, when β€” when do you think it will it be enough? When will there be enough women on the court? And my answer is when there are nine."

              Sounds bizarre, right? And that's the point. For 194 years (1787-1981) the Supreme Court was 100% men, and for the vast majority of that time, the vast majority of people never gave it a second thought. Women won't have truly "arrived" until someone can casually mention the possibility of an all-women Supreme Court and the response is, "Yeah, so?"
              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

              Comment


              • Re: The 114th Congress: How Low Can They Go?

                Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                I'm with you on that. Just today someone posted on Facebook a recent quote from Ruth Bader Ginsburg that I hadn't seen before, "People ask me sometimes, when β€” when do you think it will it be enough? When will there be enough women on the court? And my answer is when there are nine."

                Sounds bizarre, right? And that's the point. For 194 years (1787-1981) the Supreme Court was 100% men, and for the vast majority of that time, the vast majority of people never gave it a second thought. Women won't have truly "arrived" until someone can casually mention the possibility of an all-women Supreme Court and the response is, "Yeah, so?"
                We're kinda, sorta there on religion. There are zero Protestants on the Court. When I first read that I think I did a dodeca-take.

                First Muslim on the Court? I'm saying about...
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                Comment


                • Re: The 114th Congress: How Low Can They Go?

                  Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                  Women won't have truly "arrived" until someone can casually mention the possibility of an all-women Supreme Court and the response is, "Yeah, so?"
                  One of the ways in which advocacy groups for oppressed people are constantly slandered is when people from the formerly oppressing group scream that they want to "turn the tables," when in reality all they want is for the characteristic to no longer matter.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                  Comment


                  • Re: The 114th Congress: How Low Can They Go?

                    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    One of the ways in which advocacy groups for oppressed people are constantly slandered is when people from the formerly oppressing group scream that they want to "turn the tables," when in reality all they want is for the characteristic to no longer matter.
                    They want it to no longer matter by making it matter... Is it just me, or does that not make any logical sense whatsoever?

                    Comment


                    • Re: The 114th Congress: How Low Can They Go?

                      Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      They want it to no longer matter by making it matter... Is it just me, or does that not make any logical sense whatsoever?
                      I don't get what you're saying.

                      Seems like the principle is straightforward: if you hate these groups so much, stop discriminating and they'll go away. You can't continue to treat people unequally and then when they point that out say, "See? Always with the complaining!"
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                      Comment


                      • Re: The 114th Congress: How Low Can They Go?

                        Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        I don't get what you're saying.

                        Seems like the principle is straightforward: if you hate these groups so much, stop discriminating and they'll go away. You can't continue to treat people unequally and then when they point that out say, "See? Always with the complaining!"
                        It was mentioned a ways back that Ginsburg wouldn't be happy until every justice was a woman. That sounds like a sexist to me, and if she's trying to garner equality through sexism, that's like dividing wealth in order to multiply it. There's no logical sense.

                        Comment


                        • Re: The 114th Congress: How Low Can They Go?

                          Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          It was mentioned a ways back that Ginsburg wouldn't be happy until every justice was a woman. That sounds like a sexist to me, and if she's trying to garner equality through sexism, that's like dividing wealth in order to multiply it. There's no logical sense.
                          I don't think you got RBG's joke.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                          Comment


                          • Re: The 114th Congress: How Low Can They Go?

                            Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            It was mentioned a ways back that Ginsburg wouldn't be happy until every justice was a woman. That sounds like a sexist to me, and if she's trying to garner equality through sexism, that's like dividing wealth in order to multiply it. There's no logical sense.
                            Do you even live on this planet?
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                            Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                            Comment


                            • Re: The 114th Congress: How Low Can They Go?

                              Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              I don't think you got RBG's joke.
                              He doesnt get any joke...for example he doesnt even get that HE is a joke.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

                              "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

                              Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                              Comment


                              • Re: The 114th Congress: How Low Can They Go?

                                Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                I don't think you got RBG's joke.
                                Supreme Court Justices don't joke around. Or is that just Clarence Thomas?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X