Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bad Cop, Bad Cop, Whatcha gonna do?

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

Whatever the situation, it doesn't excuse the rioters and looters.
    Except this is only half the answer. Like I said in an earlier post, rioters should be met with overwhelming force, because there is never a legitimate excuse to riot. But also whatever the situation it doesn't excuse police killing unarmed people who pose them or others no immediate danger, or covering up facts or lying about what happened in the aftermath. I'm willing to see both sides. Too many people (not saying you Gurt, just using your post for illustration) who reflexively go to the side of the cops fail to see this. It might be a chicken or egg thing (I don't happen to believe this and see clear instigators in many of these incidents) but certainly both the chicken and the egg need to behave differently. Don't riot while there are still civil and legal means to make change. Don't hide behind a badge to act as judge, jury and executioner.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
      Except this is only half the answer. Like I said in an earlier post, rioters should be met with overwhelming force, because there is never a legitimate excuse to riot. But also whatever the situation it doesn't excuse police killing unarmed people who pose them or others no immediate danger, or covering up facts or lying about what happened in the aftermath. I'm willing to see both sides. Too many people (not saying you Gurt, just using your post for illustration) who reflexively go to the side of the cops fail to see this. It might be a chicken or egg thing (I don't happen to believe this and see clear instigators in many of these incidents) but certainly both the chicken and the egg need to behave differently. Don't riot while there are still civil and legal means to make change. Don't hide behind a badge to act as judge, jury and executioner.

You and I are on the same page here.

Comment

Not that many of you want to acknowledge that there were actually peaceful protesters last night, but I'll put this here anyway.

Comment

What a shocker, misquoting the Bible. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's people that are using Divine Right to push an agenda. Big difference from practicing a spiritual set of morals.

Oh, and for Sicatoka's sake, Alex Jones practices Divine Right. He pushes Christianity into everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            Not that many of you want to acknowledge that there were actually peaceful protesters last night, but I'll put this here anyway.

I think that most can distinguish between/amongst protestors and rioters.

Whether there were protestors last night is immaterial to the crime that went on. I'll go out on a limb and say that the protestors were not looting or rioting coz at that point they'd cease to be protestors and become rioters and looters.

I'm comfortable believing that there were two distinct groups. Are you?

Comment

I think that most can distinguish between/amongst protestors and rioters.

Whether there were protestors last night is immaterial to the crime that went on. I'll go out on a limb and say that the protestors were not looting or rioting coz at that point they'd cease to be protestors and become rioters and looters.

I'm comfortable believing that there were two distinct groups. Are you?
              There were two groups last night. One, which numbered as high as 10,000 and received almost no media attention, and 50-100 troublemakers who received almost all of the media attention. As someone pointed out last night, fire makes for a great visual hence a burning building gets on the news.

Comment

There were two groups last night. One, which numbered as high as 10,000 and received almost no media attention, and 50-100 troublemakers who received almost all of the media attention. As someone pointed out last night, fire makes for a great visual hence a burning building gets on the news.

LOL

50-100?

There were 200 arrests.

Check out the videos that are widely available online. There were 50-100 "troublemakers" in each of those videos.

Love how you try to make us look like the ones who aren't acknowledging the reality of the situation.

Comment

Perspective of a local blogger: http://thepetesantillishow.com/balti...imore-blogger/

Comment

And do you honestly believe the news is not gonna cover riots of that magnitude?

Comment

LOL

50-100?

There were 200 arrests.

Check out the videos that are widely available online. There were 50-100 "troublemakers" in each of those videos.

Love how you try to make us look like the ones who aren't acknowledging the reality of the situation.
                      I'm not sure where the 10k or 50-100 numbers came from, but both seem to be off.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

LOL

50-100?

There were 200 arrests.

No, I just have my dates wrong. There were 35 arrests this weekend. I saw the web site said the 28th but the article's byline is the 27th. The new story indicates there were 202 arrests. Still, you tell me which group was larger: the thugs who caused the trouble, or the protesters who remained peaceful?

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          I'm not sure where the 10k or 50-100 numbers came from, but both seem to be off.

Pretty productive 50-100 as they set 15 buildings on fire, looted several times that many businesses, set over 100 cars on fire and got arrested at least twice each.

Comment

Still, you tell me which group was larger: the thugs who caused the trouble, or the protesters who remained peaceful?

What possible difference does that make?

Comment

The riots get the most attention because they're the "better" news story. Nobody is going to stay glued to a new channel for peaceful protests.
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

What possible difference does that make?
                                10,000 people walking down the street peacefully makes a lousy visual for the media. A building set on fire by a few thugs makes a great visual - and it will last for hours between the actual burning and the endless looping you can do. And that's the story you send out to the millions watching on TV...

Comment

Working...
                                X