X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2009 Thread #3: The Quest for Perfection

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
    OK, you're not upset about it simply because the Jets whooped on the Chargers. Instead, you think it's an "integrity of the game" issue, which is bull*, unless you can prove to me they did that to LET the Jets win.

It's Caldwell's perrogative to pull his starters whenever the heck he feels like it. They had the lead, and yeah, he probably underestimated the Jets. Oops. Still were the #1 seed; still had all their players healthy.

Now, I may be wrong (and lord knows, you'll probably tell me that I am), but I have to think that if the Bengals had won last week and then beat the Chargers, or the Chargers had won this week, you would't be in such an uproar over the Colts losing that game (which, again, didn't clinch the playoff berth for the Jets; I don't think it even merely "kept them alive" - I'm pretty sure earlier results that day had them very much alive, and beating the Colts simply kept them in control of their own destiny). Hey, I can understand about seeing your team knocked out by a team you dislike, but it simply seems as though your anger is misdirected.

You also apparently missed my point about the players, in that it wasn't their choice, yet you seem hellbent on "punishing" them.
    I was mad about it when it happened. Now I just want to see the Jets beat the Colts for the Colts to be a joke. It's why I appreciate Bill Belichick so much, he tried to win every **** game he could.
    Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
      ..... It's why I appreciate Bill Belichick so much, he tried to win every **** game he could.
      you have to admit that he didn't play brady on their final drive though in the houston game. (though you can also admit the reasoning may have been a bit more than 'i am only trying to win this game'.)
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        you have to admit that he didn't play brady on their final drive though in the houston game. (though you can also admit the reasoning may have been a bit more than 'i am only trying to win this game'.)
        Well the mofo has broken ribs and a broken finger. In a game that was essentially meaningless, I can understand it. And Hoyer wasn't too shabby in mop up duty this year.
        Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Well the mofo has broken ribs and a broken finger. In a game that was essentially meaningless, I can understand it. And Hoyer wasn't too shabby in mop up duty this year.

weird how brady was pulled, then put back in, and then pulled for the end.

(and bellicheat did say that charlie casserly was wrong. and added that casserly has never been right )
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

(and bellicheat did say that charlie casserly was wrong. and added that casserly has never been right )
            If Casserly was wrong, Brady has lost the magic.
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

And how much did that week 16 game mean to the Colts, who had already locked up the #1 seed?

I must have missed you saying similar things about the Bengals, who also rolled over and lost a game that actually clinched the playoff berth for the Jets, and a rematch against them the very next week. I'm sure you were simply too outraged to even post.

I do seem to recall a post by you in which you thought about the matchups following the Pats game, and deciding, albeit tentatively to root for the outcome that brought the Jets to San Diego, probably thinking the Jets were a better matchup for the Chargers. Let's assume that had been true, and the Chargers had walked into the AFC Championship Game. Had that been true, many Chargers fans would be thanking the Colts (and Bengals).

EDIT: And the Pats/Texans game wasn't entirely meaningless. It was only rendered so because the Bengals lost to the Jets.
              Last edited by thecomicbookguy; 01-19-2010, 06:17 PM.
              Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
              -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                The Favre-a-palooza that would come from that matchup might actually rip a hole in the space-time continuum! Here is hoping it happens somewhere in Wisconsin
                It's called Superior. And Racine. And Janesville. And Milwaukee. And....

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                Twenty red lights in his honor
                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

My prediction is that CBG and TBA are able to come to a reasonable compromised solution to their disagreement.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    My prediction is that CBG and TBA are able to come to a reasonable compromised solution to their disagreement.
                    You're new here.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      One of them will admit they're wrong and move on...that happens all the time around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        One of them will admit they're wrong and move on...that happens all the time around here.
                        You are wrong...now move on
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The Favre-a-palooza that would come from that matchup might actually rip a hole in the space-time continuum! Here is hoping it happens somewhere in Wisconsin
                          And to think, all this time I've been worried about the Vikings winning the Super Bowl and causing a rift in the space-time continuum, killing us all.

Turns out, they might not have to even play the game for that to happen.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

You are wrong...now move on
                            No I'm not! And later today I'm going to post 15 reasons why I'm not. After I'm done posting you'll see the light and admit you're wrong...
                            or you'll post 20 reasons why I'm wrong, which will prompt me to post...

Comment

The New York Post reports that Rex Ryan maintains his girlish figure by keeping his diet to around 7,000 calories a day.

SNY's Ted Berg posits a few different ways one could go about eating 7,000 calories in a day.
                              Cornell University Men's Hockey
                              NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                              Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

I once had a 7200 calorie a day diet...

But that's because the doctors were trying to get me to add weight after having lost so much of it back in the day.

That's a ridiculous amount of food.
                                R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X