X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2009 Thread #3: The Quest for Perfection

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    If the Saints run it up on the Vikes no one will complain about it they will be too busy calling for Chilli's head, blaming Brett Favre/AP, whining about how Bud Grant never won the big one, blaming Chilli some more...etc.
    You guys complain about an offensive PI that happened what, 30 years ago? Trust me, you'd find a way to find time to complain about another team running up the score on the Vikings.

IIRC some of you still whine about 41-0!
    Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

I would have gone for 2.

Fighting the good fight

Comment

Originally posted by SPIN CONTROL View Post
        I would have gone for 2.

Jim? Harbaugh? Is that you?

Comment

Its official. CHA and I will be in attendance next Sunday. Flights have been booked.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
            You guys complain about an offensive PI that happened what, 30 years ago? Trust me, you'd find a way to find time to complain about another team running up the score on the Vikings.

Keep in mind that I was in middle school at the time, but the endless parade of "Gary Anderson sucks!" that I heard from classmates in January of 1999 still amuses me.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              Its official. CHA and I will be in attendance next Sunday. Flights have been booked.
              Have fun! And be safe. Seriously, you might want to put cardboard under your jerseys.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                Keep in mind that I was in middle school at the time, but the endless parade of "Gary Anderson sucks!" that I heard from classmates in January of 1999 still amuses me.
                most people I know blame Dennis Green for being a sucky coach, not Gary.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  most people I know blame Dennis Green for being a sucky coach, not Gary.
                  It bears repeating: I was in 8th grade, and so were my Vikings-obsessed Packer-hating classmates, at the time.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Interesting. The Colts would not be playing the Jets this week if they had played hard and beat them at the end of the regular season.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                      Interesting. The Colts would not be playing the Jets this week if they had played hard and beat them at the end of the regular season.
                      It's why I am rooting for the Jets. If the Colts hadn't raised the white flag, the Jets couldn't even make the playoffs. For the integrity of the league I would like to see karma hit the Colts in the junk.

Comment

The whining about 41 donut has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Giants. In fact I to this day think the Giants should have scored more points in that game then they did.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So, the big question is: Do I rock the circa 1997 Brad Johnson jersey? I really don't feel like dropping money on a new Vikings jersey right now, since I'd wear it maybe once every 4 years.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                            The Cowboys scored seven points in the entire second half of that game. But please, make yourself look more foolish.
                            At the time Dallas was up 24-0 late in the 4th and got sacked trying to pass. And I never heard anyone whine about NYG pouring it on in 41-0.

As for this game, if MIN had instead tried the run the ball and were stopped short - or even had just taken a knee - do you think Dallas would not have tried to score again?
                            Last edited by Slap Shot; 01-18-2010, 04:23 PM.

Comment

It's why I am rooting for the Jets. If the Colts hadn't raised the white flag, the Jets couldn't even make the playoffs. For the integrity of the league I would like to see karma hit the Colts in the junk.
                              I agree with this...and I like the Colts!
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                So, the big question is: Do I rock the circa 1997 Brad Johnson jersey? I really don't feel like dropping money on a new Vikings jersey right now, since I'd wear it maybe once every 4 years.
                                oh absolutely. if there was one jersey that you had and didn't care a worry in the world for what happened to it if you were wearing it during a french quarter drunked stupor --- that would be the one.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X