X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2009 Thread #3: The Quest for Perfection

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Why are the Jets guaranteed to lose...their D is pretty sick and I would never count them out.
    The Jets try to win by staying close and making plays late to win.

A close game in Indianapolis means 27 pass interference calls on Rivas in the 4th quarter as Indy pulls away 35-17 late.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      The Jets try to win by staying close and making plays late to win.

A close game in Indianapolis means 27 pass interference calls on Rivas in the 4th quarter as Indy pulls away 35-17 late.
      Right...because the Jets cant beat any good teams...like the chargers who had won 10 in a row and were the hottest team in football.

Thanks for reminding me...
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Wow.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Why are the Jets guaranteed to lose...their D is pretty sick and I would never count them out.
          No one is guaranteed to win or lose but if I was a betting man, it would be on Peytons team, in Peytons house.
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

And the Colts can play a little bit of defense, too.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              And the Colts can play a little bit of defense, too.
              They can...I didnt say the Jets would win, just dont think it is as big a lock as some people seem to. I think the game could go either way that is all I am saying.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

ESPN is still kissing the Cowboys arse.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                  ESPN is still kissing the Cowboys arse.
                  Well duh...they lost on a fluke play!
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Because there's no way - NO WAY - that a feisty Jets team could ever beat a Colts team with a legendary quarterback in a championship game.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      Because the Colts are unstoppable! Like the Cowboys! And the Packers! And the Chargers!
                      LOL.

The J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets will conquer all.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Well duh...they lost on a fluke play!
                        I still can't believe no other team ever tried going for the 31-point conversion in the past 100 years.
                        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I just think the Colts are the better team, and I think they'll pick up where they left off (when they had their starters in).
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

There is a couple reasons I'd give Indy the nod in their match-up with the Jets.

1) They are at home
                            2) Peyton Manning
                            3) They just played and beat this exact team last week (Ravens)

And to be complete, here are the reasons I'd give the Saints the edge in their game with the Vikings.

1) They are at home, Vikings were .500 road team.
                            2) Saints are healthy, Vikings have a few missing or hurt guys (Henderson, Edwards, etc.)
                            3) Peterson/Taylor not the same running threat they were earlier this year.

Obviously any team can win in a 1-game situation. So I don't think there is any lock wins.
                            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

They can...I didnt say the Jets would win, just dont think it is as big a lock as some people seem to. I think the game could go either way that is all I am saying.
                              we've certainly seen some unlikely teams make it to the SB. That was Arizona in the SB last year so, to your point, anything can happen. We've also seen young QB's go on short streaks that come to a halt in ugly fashion. The Jets can play good D and maybe they will keep it close but i won't be surprised to see Sanchez look like a rookie and the refs call every close play in the secondary to Peyton's benefit...if the Jets get behind early it could get ugly.

BUT, I'd hate to see Indy win the SB so I'll be pulling for the Jets. If there was ever a time to tell your DL that you are willing to take the 15 yards for the late hit, this would be the game. I'd go after Manning and try to hit him every play. Not wishing an injury, just don't let him stand back there all day with no worries.
                              I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Anything can happen. Only one overrated (by my opinion rather than any expert's) team left in the playoffs. That would be the Jets, but hey, I think they may not be that overrated after all.

The Cards were overrated, but so were the Packers and one of them had to win. So, they got stomped.

The Cowboys were overrated and they got stomped. And a gratifying stomping it was. Crying Romo? Has Jerry Jones punched someone yet? That'll take the arrogance down a notch or three.

Now the Saints stomp the Queenies and the Colts destroy the Jets and then it will be anyone's guess, but I'll take the safe bet and say Colts.
                                Fire Greg Shepherd!!!!

It's spelled S I O U X

We didn't win a championship, but we won a lot of respect. - Cary Eades, North Dakota Fighting Sioux Assistant Coach (Thanks PCM)

Comment

Working...
                                X