X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2009 Thread #3: The Quest for Perfection

Vincent Jackson is the Jets secret weapon
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Jason A View Post
      The Pats' conference will have two of four teams left after today, right? Yeah, I'm ******* thrilled.
      Division, conference, whatever. I know what I meant.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Jason A View Post
        The Pats' conference will have two of four teams left after today, right? Yeah, I'm ******* thrilled.
        So either Rex Ryan coaches the Jets to the Super Bowl, or Peyton goes again...yeah...

Comment

He's good a miskicking the ball.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
          Twenty red lights in his honor
          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
            He's good a miskicking the ball.
            That wasn't Kaeding, that's why it was such a good miskick
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

It took long enough for this game to become interesting.
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

game.

Comment

And the Jets get to be sacrificed to the Colts.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Pat Williams could have run through that hole.

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    That wasn't Kaeding, that's why it was such a good miskick
                    Ahhhhh, makes sense now!

Comment

TF, San Diego blows it once again. Any bridges out in San Diego? Look for TBA on the highest one
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        TF, San Diego blows it once again. Any bridges out in San Diego? Look for TBA on the highest one
                        *ing refs.

Comment

If only the goalposts were as wide as the end zone.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Why are the Jets guaranteed to lose...their D is pretty sick and I would never count them out.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

This will seem like second-guessing, but if you kick deep, with one timeout and the two-minute warning, as long as you prevent 10 yards in three (almost guaranteed) running plays, you get the ball back with about 1:10 left, right?

Instead they give the Jets four downs, because they're not going to kick from that field position. Seems like a pretty straightforward coaching blunder. I thought that's why it was so important to dump Schottenheimer.

Jets hung around and waited for the mistake, and Rivers delivered. Kaeding should be shot but the whole team deserves its share of the blame pie. And the Jets surely deserve a lot of credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Why are the Jets guaranteed to lose...their D is pretty sick and I would never count them out.
                                Because the Colts are unstoppable! Like the Cowboys! And the Packers! And the Chargers!
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X