X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2009 Thread #3: The Quest for Perfection

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    If they were smart they would of rigged both the Eagles and Packers wins so that Favre plays them next week.
    That's what I was alluding to.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

14-0 Ravens. Yikes.

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      That's what I was alluding to.
      'Cept it can't happen until NFC Championship now. Which makes it unlikely. Dallas v Min is already set for Sunday at 1 pm.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
        I think the media will rig the game so the Packers win and allow them to have a 6-hour Favregasm.

ETA: Never mind, can't happen thanks to the Cowboys.
        Between the Packers and Cards, I'd say the Pack has the better chance at beating the Saints. If the Vikes play the Cowboys the way they played the G-men, the media could get it "Favregasm."
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
          14-0 Ravens. Yikes.
          21-0 now... pats are still in the dressing room...

Comment

Pat's just had their best play of the game, calling for a fair catch on the kickoff.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
            Twenty red lights in his honor
            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

LOL. Brady looks like Scott Mitchell.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                Pat's just had their best play of the game, calling for a fair catch on the kickoff.
                lol... sadly, you're right...

Comment

This game makes me laugh.
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Three games into the playoffs, we've seen match-ups of teams that played hard in week 17 (Jets, Cowboys, Ravens) versus teams that essentially took the week off (Bengals, Eagles, Patriots). And the teams that played hard are dominating. Coincidence?
                    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                    -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                      Three games into the playoffs, we've seen match-ups of teams that played hard in week 17 (Jets, Cowboys, Ravens) versus teams that essentially took the week off (Bengals, Eagles, Patriots). And the teams that played hard are dominating. Coincidence?
                      If the Eagles took week 17 off, then Andy Reid should probably lose his job. They peed away a division title and a first-round bye.

I think a likelier definition is the Cowboys were just a much better team head to head this year.
                      Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

FG kicking seems to be a lost skill in the NFL.
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

did the eagles coast, or did the 'boys just beat the f out of them?? both teams there had something to play for (home game, division title). i thought they would win that game over dallas. heck, i thought they'd win yesterday too.

sometimes you don't see what your eyes are showing you.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            did the eagles coast, or did the 'boys just beat the f out of them?? both teams there had something to play for (home game, division title). i thought they would win that game over dallas. heck, i thought they'd win yesterday too.

sometimes you don't see what your eyes are showing you.
                            OK, the Eagles more played like crap than "took the week off", but my point still stands - teams that played hard last week came out this week and laid the lumber to opponents who didn't play as hard.

Also, I'm guessing fans/media wrote off the Eagles' performance, excusing it because the Eagles were in the playoffs, so they didn't need to win that game. Maybe momentum is more than just a 14-point Scrabble word.
                            Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                            -Fred Shero

Comment

jets at chargers is rather interesting for next week.

Comment

OK, the Eagles more played like crap than "took the week off", but my point still stands - teams that played hard last week came out this week and laid the lumber to opponents who didn't play as hard.

Also, I'm guessing fans/media wrote off the Eagles' performance, excusing it because the Eagles were in the playoffs, so they didn't need to win that game. Maybe momentum is more than just a 14-point Scrabble word.
                                oh yeah...

course now the cards will kick azz and throw our theory out the window.

Comment

Working...
                                X