X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2009 Thread #3: The Quest for Perfection

Game over.

I'll laugh so hard if the Vikes end up the #4 seed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      Game over.

Who from Minnesota peed in your Cheerios? First Gophers hockey, now this.

btw - it figures the one week out of the year I would have been better off starting Culter over Rogers it was in the championship game and it was a $200 difference maker. Another hindsight only move that would have won would have been Barber > Williams. Oh well, I still won $175 which will pay for my trip to Mille Lacs at the end of January.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        Wooger and Favre

Comment

Plug gets pulled early on Polian's weekly radio show
          Posted by Mike Florio on December 28, 2009 8:53 PM ET

As it turns out, Colts coach Jim Caldwell wasn't the only guy taking heat for the ill-advised decision to throw back a chance at perfection like a fish not big enough to be a "keeper."

Team president Bill Polian has been getting hammered, too. And he faced the wrath of Colts fans during his Monday radio show.

And as pointed out by the folks at StampedeBlue.com, the one-hour program abruptly ended with 10 minutes to go, just as a caller had Polian on the run regarding Polian's position that injured starters shouldn't play in a meaningless game. The caller correctly explained that the decision to remove quarterback Peyton Manning and other healthy players had nothing to do with injuries.

At that point, the show went dead.

As StampedeBlue.com aptly puts it, "[J]ust like pulling the starters Sunday, Bill Polian seemed to pull himself out of the show early to avoid further injury."

Per the blog, Polian was "rude" throughout the show to callers who took exception with the decision not to go for the win.

Plenty of league insiders will respond to this news by concluding that Polian's temper has finally caught up with him -- and by taking a certain amount of pleasure in seeing him get what plenty of league insiders believe he deserves for years of subjecting folks in the business to the same attitude he demonstrated on Monday night when criticized for blowing a chance at perfection.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            Game over.

tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

So at "half time" of the championship games at ESPN, I'm 2-1 (+10, +1, -6). But playing a championship week 17 is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                The Colts are idiots, breeding their own special version of insanity. As has been noted time and again, in this decade, their lone Super Bowl trip and win came when they steamrolled into the playoffs without a chance to rest their players.

So, naturally, every year we get to weeks 16 and 17, and Dungy, Polian, and now Caldwell, toss out utter garbage for a week or two, and then look befuddled as New England or San Diego woodsheds their talented, but rusty team.
                Jim Caldwell won't apologize. Sorry, that's just the way he is.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                  Good for him. His team can join the rest of the bye-week Division teams that take a month off between games where they "try" on the scrap-heap of history. You're already getting a bye week. Do you really need 2-3 preseason exhibitions before that, as well?
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Hey thanks for the neg. Leave it to a Vikings fan to give me neg rep for giving props to their team (in bold).
                    Although I suppose the neg was for stating the truth (in italics).

Congrats, would you like a cookie? And what does it say? It says that Favre knows how his former teammates play seeing that he played with that team for a long time. It also says that early in the season the Vikings were very good, and now they're starting to choke, which seems typical for most Minnesota teams.
                    The Vikings were a fantastic team for the first half of the season. To be honest, I still think they're a good team with a lot of talent. It was actually nice to see them doing well even though I'm not a fan. I give props when props are due.
                    Application for Admission to the WCHA:
                    http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
                    Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
                    Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
                    Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
                    All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                      Do the fans who were blackmailed into buying tickets get a refund?

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post

The Vikings were a fantastic team for the first half of the season. To be honest, I still think they're a good team with a lot of talent. It was actually nice to see them doing well even though I'm not a fan. I give props when props are due.
                        They've done extremely well given that they're not coached very well and have an attention whore as a QB. Not to mention the black hole of suck that is McKinnie actually coming around for a little while.

I don't think it matters at all. The NFC is a lot like the NL... year after year the only half way decent NFC team makes the Super Bowl (NYG being the exception to the rule) and, for the most part, year after year the AFC pounds them into the dirt (NYG being the exception to the rule).

I hope the Vikings make the Super Bowl. In fact, other than the Saints, I don't think any particular team has played well enough to deserve the Super Bowl more than the Vikings in the NFC anyways. They'll lose anyhow.

I just think that 95% of every AFC team that makes the playoffs this year would beat the NFC in the Super Bowl if they made it.

Oh, and Vikings fans get this: I'm actually going to be rooting for you guys next weekend. The Giants suck... I actually get a headache, though, trying to decide which team I despise more: NFG or Dallas.

Regardless, beat the Mediocre Manning and his hapless overrated not-so-Giants!
                        Fire Greg Shepherd!!!!

It's spelled S I O U X

We didn't win a championship, but we won a lot of respect. - Cary Eades, North Dakota Fighting Sioux Assistant Coach (Thanks PCM)

Comment

Hahaha. The ESPN guys are still ripping the Colts.

"Do you remember the team that won the most games in the 90's"

"No."

"The 80's?"

"Nope"

"The 70's?"

"Don't care"

"Name the team that won the Super Bowl and went undefeated?"

"The 72 Dolphins"

"Exactly."
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Too bad there won't be an NFL thread #4 this year. It would have been titled: "Quest for Perfection: Meh."
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Happy 28th birthday to Robbie Gould
                              Application for Admission to the WCHA:
                              http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
                              Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
                              Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
                              Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
                              All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
                                Happy 28th birthday to Robbie Gould
                                No. I hope his birthday sucks monkey balls.
                                Bruce Ciskie > PA

Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

Blizzard Drinking: Duluth's Answer to Gulf Coast Hurricane Parties

Comment

Working...
                                X