X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NFL 2009 Thread #3: The Quest for Perfection

I've made one Fantasy final and I have a perplexing question:

Do I start Peyton Manning or Matt Moore (Carolina's QB)?

Every other position I've got is set, but I don't want to get boned over by Manning playing a half or Moore sucking dong. Thoughts?
    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
      I've made one Fantasy final and I have a perplexing question:

Do I start Peyton Manning or Matt Moore (Carolina's QB)?

Every other position I've got is set, but I don't want to get boned over by Manning playing a half or Moore sucking dong. Thoughts?
      Matt Moore, while supposed to be playing, has a shoulder injury. I'd maybe see who else is out there in free agency?

I got screwed over yesterday when Pierre Garcon was ruled "out" for this weekend. Went and picked up James Jones, and now have to decide between him, Steve Breaston (already have Fitz in the lineup) and Patrick Crayton.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Matt Moore, while supposed to be playing, has a shoulder injury. I'd maybe see who else is out there in free agency?

I got screwed over yesterday when Pierre Garcon was ruled "out" for this weekend. Went and picked up James Jones, and now have to decide between him, Steve Breaston (already have Fitz in the lineup) and Patrick Crayton.
        Moore is the only QB worth picking up fantasy-wise, everyone else is trash or going to get destroyed. Moore is playing no matter what it seems.
        R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
          Moore is the only QB worth picking up fantasy-wise, everyone else is trash or going to get destroyed. Moore is playing no matter what it seems.
          Manning is supposed to play as long as it's competitive. The Colts plan is to run up the score early so they can get Peyton out of the game. If they do that, he figures to get his fantasy points. If he stays in the game, he figures to get his fantasy points. Of course, the defense could score a TD and Addai run for a pair of TDs and Manning sits with just a few points...

Fortunately in the two leagues where he is my starter, I have Carson Palmer backing him up so my decision is a little easier

Comment

Originally posted by redwing77 View Post
            This requires explanation. I'd find that EXTREMELY hard to believe. Perhaps equally to the suck that was his GM career but he can't possibly get worse! He WROTE THE DARN BOOK on BAD GMing!

As for the trickeration nonsense...

THAT would be awesome!

And, yeah, I agree that it's not necessarily Zorn's fault. The team has no healthy talent and the rest just suck.

I recall one exchange where Millen and the other color guy on ESPN (Gruden maybe?) were discussing what needs to happen in order for the Giants to make the playoffs. We already knew that the Giants needed to win. The color guy chimes in with the Giants need to win and this needs to happen and this needs to happen, blah blah blah. Millen adds this gem: "Yes, but the Giants need to win. All of the other scenarios are thrown out the window if the Giants don't win. If they lose tonight to Washignton then they are pretty much cooked." Um, duh. Funny, before he took the GM job with the Lions I though he waas one of Fox's better announcers, but it seems that everyhting he does post-Lions is kind of pointless.
            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Frank Caliendo: Still not funny.
              Cornell University Men's Hockey
              NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Comment

Mendenhall needs to learn how to catch the **** ball.
                Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

It's not conclusive video since you can't see the ball...but if the ball is going backwards and hits the goal line when it drops, common sense...oops...common sense doesn't apply here

Comment

Wow
                    What a dumb play by the Jaqs
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Glad Slap Shot said Jerome Harrison should be sat. He's doing great today.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                        Glad Slap Shot said Jerome Harrison should be sat. He's doing great today.
                        I replaced Jacoby Jones at the last minute in one league. Oops.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                          I recall one exchange where Millen and the other color guy on ESPN (Gruden maybe?) were discussing what needs to happen in order for the Giants to make the playoffs. We already knew that the Giants needed to win. The color guy chimes in with the Giants need to win and this needs to happen and this needs to happen, blah blah blah. Millen adds this gem: "Yes, but the Giants need to win. All of the other scenarios are thrown out the window if the Giants don't win. If they lose tonight to Washignton then they are pretty much cooked." Um, duh. Funny, before he took the GM job with the Lions I though he waas one of Fox's better announcers, but it seems that everyhting he does post-Lions is kind of pointless.
                          Says a lot about Fox's reporters, then doesn't it?

Pointless is a nice way of saying he sucks [expletive]
                          Fire Greg Shepherd!!!!

It's spelled S I O U X

We didn't win a championship, but we won a lot of respect. - Cary Eades, North Dakota Fighting Sioux Assistant Coach (Thanks PCM)

Comment

The Giants are laying a smelly rotten egg. Ew.
                            Cornell University Men's Hockey
                            NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Comment

That was an absolutely brutal blitz call by the Ravens. If you want to corner blitz but you don't even have the safety in position for coverage why not just call a timeout?

Comment

Playing for big money in my fantasy championship game today. Down by a small margin, but hurt by the fact that both of my RBs (Ricky Williams, Maurice Jones-Drew) are on teams that are getting blown out. In fact, I'd be winning if not for that long touchdown run by Ryan Grant. And I'm a Packers fan.

FML.
                                Originally posted by Jon
                                You call everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X