X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NFL 2009 Thread #3: The Quest for Perfection

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    La-Z-Boy on the sideline. He needs to make that happen.
    One with a cooler full of beer in the armrest, and a fantasy football magazine on his lap.
    Bruce Ciskie > PA

Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

Blizzard Drinking: Duluth's Answer to Gulf Coast Hurricane Parties

Comment

Originally posted by Plante26 View Post
      Ten man sell-out blitz on every first down. Hook-and-ladder on every passing play. Fake every field goal. Go all "Madden '08" for the last two games and always go for it on 4th down.
      This would be awesome. Just constant trickeration for the rest of the year. Have the team practice every crazy-arse play he, and they, can think of. Just go out and play schoolyard football. Cut loose and have some fun. 80% of the plays wouldn't work (if they're lucky - it's the 'Skins, so it could be closer to a 98% failure rate), but it would be interesting to watch.
      Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
      -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by Plante26 View Post
        One with a cooler full of beer in the armrest, and a fantasy football magazine on his lap.
        Of course.

How classic would that be? Imagine someone pompous like Joe Buck announcing that! Oh the hilarity!
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Of course.

How classic would that be? Imagine someone pompous like Joe Buck announcing that! Oh the hilarity!
          Even better if he has Romo and or Barber on his FF roster and calls plays that give up giant chunks of yards to them.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Two RBs, Two WRs, and one RB/WR.

Marion Barber, Jamaal Charles, Mendenhall.

Bench: Steven Jackson, Jerome Harrison.

WRs: Randy Moss and George Wilson (safety but has WR designation and has been wracking up huge points)

Bench: Mike Sims-Walker, Robert Meachem.

What do you guys think? I am sorely tempted to start Jerome Harrison over Mendenhall.
            Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Same question (current lineup in bold):

Barber, Benson, R Williams, Peterson

Meachem, Rice, Chambers, Gibson

TBA - there's a dude at ESPN.com saying don't start Harrison with a pretty lengthy explanation.

Comment

I think you're fine, except for maybe Gibson over Rice.
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                  I think Matt Millen may be worse as an analyst than he was as a GM.
                  This requires explanation. I'd find that EXTREMELY hard to believe. Perhaps equally to the suck that was his GM career but he can't possibly get worse! He WROTE THE DARN BOOK on BAD GMing!

As for the trickeration nonsense...

THAT would be awesome!

And, yeah, I agree that it's not necessarily Zorn's fault. The team has no healthy talent and the rest just suck.
                  Fire Greg Shepherd!!!!

It's spelled S I O U X

We didn't win a championship, but we won a lot of respect. - Cary Eades, North Dakota Fighting Sioux Assistant Coach (Thanks PCM)

Comment

Matt Millen is bad but my vote would be for Bryant Gumble. At least he was one the worst play by play announcers ever.

Comment

Originally posted by dave29 View Post
                      Matt Millen is bad but my vote would be for Bryant Gumble. At least he was one the worst play by play announcers ever.
                      Hmmm... an interesting comment.

Matt Millen - Doesn't know what he's talking about but was a GM which leads people to believe that he knows what he's talking about despite not knowing a darn thing.

Bryant Gumble - Not knowing what he's talking about but can fake it good enough to convince himself (but no one else) that he knows what he's talking about despite not knowing what he's talking about.

Despite the circle talk the answer is clear: Put them both in the same press box and then implode the stadium they're currently in.
                      Fire Greg Shepherd!!!!

It's spelled S I O U X

We didn't win a championship, but we won a lot of respect. - Cary Eades, North Dakota Fighting Sioux Assistant Coach (Thanks PCM)

Comment

Originally posted by redwing77 View Post
                        Hmmm... an interesting comment.

Matt Millen - Doesn't know what he's talking about but was a GM which leads people to believe that he knows what he's talking about despite not knowing a darn thing.

Bryant Gumble - Not knowing what he's talking about but can fake it good enough to convince himself (but no one else) that he knows what he's talking about despite not knowing what he's talking about.

Despite the circle talk the answer is clear: Put them both in the same press box and then implode the stadium they're currently in.
                        Nice! I like it!

Comment

So everything I can find on-line suggests I start Rice and Ward and not Meachem and this comes from at least 4 different sites. I realize CHI and BAL are not that good, but MIN has another night road game and people keep harping on Favre not liking the cold. Plus NO plays TB who are worse than BAL and CHI. I dunno, maybe NO doesn't go all out for 4 quarters while Rice/MIN and Ward/PIT go off trying to gain momentum?
                          Last edited by Slap Shot; 12-24-2009, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Does anyone understand why on a close play a team doesn't line up and immediately kick the XP?

What exactly is the point of lolly-gagging?

I guess I like the way Belicheck does it, he runs to the line to either make the team challenge without knowing for sure if its worth challenging or gets the XP kicked.

Thankfully Rivers was judged to be behind the line and it ended up costing the Titans a challenge and a timeout.
                            Last edited by Terrierbyassociation; 12-25-2009, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Chargers win 42-17 in Tennessee, locking up the second spot in the AFC and a first round bye.

Tennessee is eliminated from the playoff race but remain within grasp of finishing the season at .500 which before Young's first start seemed impossible.

Indy
                              SD

Only two AFC teams have clinched playoff spots. Bengals can clinch a playoff spot and the division Sunday and so can the Patriots.

I'm not sure if the Broncos and Ravens can clinch a playoff spot with a win but I think its most likely they both will make the playoffs by winning this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                                I'm not sure if the Broncos and Ravens can clinch a playoff spot with a win but I think its most likely they both will make the playoffs by winning this week.
                                the fact that den plays kc and bal gets oak in week 17 means you are correct.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X