X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NFL 2009 Thread #3: The Quest for Perfection

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Tirico set it up beautifully for Gruden late last night, summarizing the coaching situation in DC, the different offensive coordinators Campbell has had and the Redskins' awful performance since Snyder bought the franchise and then he throws it to Gruden who says, "I think the story tonight is the Giants."

Great, but Mike didn't ask you about the Giants. He asked you about the Redskins. Gruden may stay with MNF, but he's still holding out hope for a paycheck from Snyder. As long as he's using MNF as an extended interview for his next coaching job it's going to severely limit his effectiveness as an analyst.
    Exactly right.

Comment

I think Matt Millen may be worse as an analyst than he was as a GM.
      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

The more I think about that trick play that Worshington made into an abortion, the more I like it. Zorn's gone anyway. Why not make a mockery of the organization? (well, moreso that what has been done already)

I want more gimmicks. I want the A11 Offense. I want triple-reverses. Just try anything you can think of. It'd be entertaining as hell, it'd give the media a field day, and it would make Dan Snyder's head asplode.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          The more I think about that trick play that Worshington made into an abortion, the more I like it. Zorn's gone anyway. Why not make a mockery of the organization? (well, moreso that what has been done already)

I want more gimmicks. I want the A11 Offense. I want triple-reverses. Just try anything you can think of. It'd be entertaining as hell, it'd give the media a field day, and it would make Dan Snyder's head asplode.
          Fumble-ruskie, Statue of Liberty.....

And in an effort to injure the rest of the 'Skins RBs, bring back the wishbone offense.
          Bruce Ciskie > PA

Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

Blizzard Drinking: Duluth's Answer to Gulf Coast Hurricane Parties

Comment

Originally posted by Plante26 View Post

And in an effort to injure the rest of the 'Skins RBs, bring back the wishbone offense.

Triple-option. Tackle eligible on every play, if only to see a ref get hounded a little on every. play.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Triple-option. Tackle eligible on every play, if only to see a ref get hounded a little on every. play.
              Ten man sell-out blitz on every first down. Hook-and-ladder on every passing play. Fake every field goal. Go all "Madden '08" for the last two games and always go for it on 4th down.
              Bruce Ciskie > PA

Comment

Ten man sell-out blitz on every first down. Hook-and-ladder on every passing play. Fake every field goal. Go all "Madden '08" for the last two games and always go for it on 4th down.
                This would be beautiful. Better yet, take ESPN's TMQ's take on Dick Jauron:

(paraphrased): I think Jauron is actually a wax dummy, and a ball boy pushes the "ask Madden" button, and that's the play he runs.

I want to see Zorn with a PS3 on the sideline, pushing that button. And I want the cameras to catch that.

Comment

This would be beautiful. Better yet, take ESPN's TMQ's take on Dick Jauron:

(paraphrased): I think Jauron is actually a wax dummy, and a ball boy pushes the "ask Madden" button, and that's the play he runs.

I want to see Zorn with a PS3 on the sideline, pushing that button. And I want the cameras to catch that.
                  That's about as close as Zorn will get to coaching in the NFL after this season. Hopefully, he throws in an epic press conference to cap off a season that isn't even close to being his fault.
                  Bruce Ciskie > PA

Comment

That's about as close as Zorn will get to coaching in the NFL after this season. Hopefully, he throws in an epic press conference to cap off a season that isn't even close to being his fault.
                    Yeah, we need a press conference. I want blood, sweat, and tears. And a lot of profanity.

Comment

Hell, wasn't he originally hired to be the OC or QB coach, because Snyder doesn't realize that you don't hire the assistants before the coach?
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Pretty sure the fumblerooski is illegal in the NFL.

I wonder if he could whip out the "wrong ball" play.

He could also bust out the Back Split from NFL Blitz. That play was unstoppable - guaranteed 10 yards for somebody somewhere.
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

I think the playcalling is already in Sherm "I-16" Lewis' (in)capable hands, anyway.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            I think the playcalling is already in Sherm "I-16" Lewis' (in)capable hands, anyway.
                            It is, but hell with that. Zorn should go Buddy Ryan on him and re-take it over.

Comment

It is, but hell with that. Zorn should go Buddy Ryan on him and re-take it over.
                              He either ought to do that, or go Bobby Bowden style, where he's just wearing a hat and shades on the sideline, and it's clearly obvious he hasn't paid attention to what's going on.

Maybe grab a couple cute interns and have them serve him food and drink instead of carrying around all the wiring and crap.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                                He either ought to do that, or go Bobby Bowden style, where he's just wearing a hat and shades on the sideline, and it's clearly obvious he hasn't paid attention to what's going on.

Maybe grab a couple cute interns and have them serve him food and drink instead of carrying around all the wiring and crap.
                                La-Z-Boy on the sideline. He needs to make that happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X