X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NFL 2009 Thread #3: The Quest for Perfection

Originally posted by NUJerseyJohn View Post
    It probably won't matter, but the Skins just "trickeration"-ed themselves out of 3 points.

It would have been hilarious if the Giants ran that back for a TD.

i was hoping. in their defense, a lot of them got back very quickly.. they must have known it was getting picked off.
    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

And a pseudo brawl. This is awful.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Ummmm...I thought throwing punches was verboten in the NFL.
        Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
        -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
          Ummmm...I thought throwing punches was verboten in the NFL.
          I don't know how Jacobs didn't get anything on that... at least Matching for roughing But he and Hanesworth should have both been tossed, and Jacobs should have been more penalized for that whole exchange, and somehow he didn't get anything. Quality.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            And a pseudo brawl. This is awful.
            i loved the two 'what is this... hockey?' derogatory references from the booth

Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
              i loved the two 'what is this... hockey?' derogatory references from the booth
              Because, you know, football is highly civilized.
              R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Moving on to round two by 4 points.
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                  Wow the Skins are awful.
                  That's an understatement.

A headline reads "Manning, Giant Defense helps in rout of Redskins and help stay in playoff picture"

It didn't hurt that the Redskins sucked and basically GAVE NY points would it?

That pick 6 NYG had in the third or fourth quarter tonight wasn't defensive genious by the Giants... it was sheer stupidity by Campbell and whoever it was supposed to be running the route.
                  Fire Greg Shepherd!!!!

It's spelled S I O U X

We didn't win a championship, but we won a lot of respect. - Cary Eades, North Dakota Fighting Sioux Assistant Coach (Thanks PCM)

Comment

Thank you Minnesota Vikings for ruining my fantasy playoffs. Not only did Sidney Rice not do anything, but the inability to contain Steve Smith yet again killed me. I thought the Vikes brought back Fred Smoot for a while there.

It didn't help that Green Bay torched my defense and gave me negative points, but still...

All that and Eli ALMOST brought me all the way back.
                    04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
                    USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
                    I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
                    Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
                    I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

Originally posted by ajoyce02 View Post
                      Thank you Minnesota Vikings for ruining my fantasy playoffs. Not only did Sidney Rice not do anything, but the inability to contain Steve Smith yet again killed me. I thought the Vikes brought back Fred Smoot for a while there.

It didn't help that Green Bay torched my defense and gave me negative points, but still...

All that and Eli ALMOST brought me all the way back.
                      Heh. I feel bad for FFL people who played either defense in the GB/PIT tilt.

No defense to speak of in that game.
                      Fire Greg Shepherd!!!!

It's spelled S I O U X

We didn't win a championship, but we won a lot of respect. - Cary Eades, North Dakota Fighting Sioux Assistant Coach (Thanks PCM)

Comment

Originally posted by redwing77 View Post
                        Heh. I feel bad for FFL people who played either defense in the GB/PIT tilt.

No defense to speak of in that game.
                        I thought of picking up a different defense for the week, but what was available didn't really scream to me that that would be a good move.

Of course knowing what I know now about that game, anything probably would've been better. Even just an average 10 point performance would move me on to the championship I believe.
                        04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
                        USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
                        I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
                        Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
                        I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

That's an understatement.

A headline reads "Manning, Giant Defense helps in rout of Redskins and help stay in playoff picture"

It didn't hurt that the Redskins sucked and basically GAVE NY points would it?

That pick 6 NYG had in the third or fourth quarter tonight wasn't defensive genious by the Giants... it was sheer stupidity by Campbell and whoever it was supposed to be running the route.
                          Thank goodness I didn't follow my gut and start Eli over ARodg. Woulda cost me a title shot.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

it was a screen pass that was twice as high as it should have been. no way that was even remotely the receiver's fault. campbell tried a cheeky fake left throw right but he didnt even look and just chucked it.

Comment

Ended up losing in fantasy by 1. If CBS could seed their teams the right way, I would have won by 20.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Tirico set it up beautifully for Gruden late last night, summarizing the coaching situation in DC, the different offensive coordinators Campbell has had and the Redskins' awful performance since Snyder bought the franchise and then he throws it to Gruden who says, "I think the story tonight is the Giants."

Great, but Mike didn't ask you about the Giants. He asked you about the Redskins. Gruden may stay with MNF, but he's still holding out hope for a paycheck from Snyder. As long as he's using MNF as an extended interview for his next coaching job it's going to severely limit his effectiveness as an analyst.

Comment

Working...
                                X