X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2009 Thread #3: The Quest for Perfection

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    edit: Yes I am a Vikings fan, yes I hate the Pack, no that has nothing to do with my opinion of the play.
    Hater.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Thread drift from the soccer thread: Why does Dan Snyder want to build a domed stadium? DC isn't excessively hot (e.g. like Phoenix), or at least it isn't during football season; it isn't excessively cold (e.g. like Minneapolis), and it isn't (as far as I'm aware) excessively rainy (e.g. like Miami). Is he just trying to be different from the Giants and Eagles and Cowboys?
      Cornell University Men's Hockey
      NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
      Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
        Thread drift from the soccer thread: Why does Dan Snyder want to build a domed stadium? DC isn't excessively hot (e.g. like Phoenix), or at least it isn't during football season; it isn't excessively cold (e.g. like Minneapolis), and it isn't (as far as I'm aware) excessively rainy (e.g. like Miami). Is he just trying to be different from the Giants and Eagles and Cowboys?
        Snyder is jealous of the evident superiority of the Detroit Lions Franchise, and has been since week 3.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I'll chase you down from that thread. The stated reason is, summers and humidity can be brutal in DC, especially in September. Another reason is that a dome or more likely retractable roof, lets you hold big events like the SuperBowl and the Final Four. Finally, he wants a retractable roof because Jerry got one.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            Snyder is jealous of the evident superiority of the Detroit Lions Franchise, and has been since week 3.
            Wow, that's the first time I've heard a Lions fan talk trash in, like, years.
            Cornell University Men's Hockey
            NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
            Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Wow, that's the first time I've heard a Lions fan talk trash in, like, years.
              Other teams that can taste Lions wrath this year:

Cleveland
              R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                Other teams that can taste Lions wrath this year:

Cleveland
                "Our coach's first nickname isn't Mangina"

Yes! Double Win!
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Three of four games played this weekend will be played within a dome setting. Interesting.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Road teams have done well in this round lately. Will be interesting to see, as several road teams have legitimate chances to win this weekend as well.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Umm Ravens replay?

7-0 Cards.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

That didn't take long.

Comment

Nice start. I want to see a Cards @ Vikes game next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            Three of four games played this weekend will be played within a dome setting. Interesting.
                            And the fourth game may as well be in a dome, since it's in San Diego.

Not a good post-season for people who like the elements.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                              Road teams have done well in this round lately. Will be interesting to see, as several road teams have legitimate chances to win this weekend as well.
                              Especially the early game tomorrow. Isn't that road team already being presented the Lombardi Trophy?
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by BoomGoestheDynamite View Post
                                I'll chase you down from that thread. The stated reason is, summers and humidity can be brutal in DC, especially in September. Another reason is that a dome or more likely retractable roof, lets you hold big events like the SuperBowl and the Final Four. Finally, he wants a retractable roof because Jerry got one.
                                Plus FedEx is like 12 years old, who can play in such an ancient crumbling stadium. (In all fairness, FedEx does suck compared to RFK, doesn't have the soul the old place did.) I'm not saying DC in late summer is super pleasant, but I still couldn't buy a weather excuse, it's more as you said to host stuff and to make him look like Mister Big Money Businessman Owner. Plus he didn't build FedEx, so he probably wants to build one with more advertising space for him to sell, I mean the current stadium is too geared towards football and not advertising.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X