This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2009 Thread #3: The Quest for Perfection

why aren't jamarcus russell's teammates gathering behind the bench and jumping him and beating the living hell out of him?!?!?!?!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      why aren't jamarcus russell's teammates gathering behind the bench and jumping him and beating the living hell out of him?!?!?!?!
      If they didn't do it earlier this year, why bother now?
      R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
        If they didn't do it earlier this year, why bother now?
        well you'd think there'd be a tipping point about now....

Comment

CJ got his 2,000 yards rushing, and got the total yards from scrimmage (M Faulk).

Washington says au revoir to Jim Zorn by choking away a last-second win against a bunch of scrubs.

Comment

I'm rooting for the Jets to lose tonight, however unlikely that is. That would put the Texans in to the playoffs for the first time. As well as this year already being their first winning season.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

So it's now official -- the Broncos SUCK!

Somewhere Shanahan is smiling smugly. Punk McDaniels should be gone.
              Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

In one league I win the championship if Thomas Jones and Chad Ocho score 36 or less.
                In another league I win the championship if Jones and the Jets D/ST score 7 more than Ocho.
                In a third league I need Jones, Cotchery and the Jets D/ST to score 23 points.

Too bad none of these are for money

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post

would shanahan gotten more than 8 wins out of them? would jay cutler have gotten more than 8 out of them if he was there instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    In one league I win the championship if Thomas Jones and Chad Ocho score 36 or less.
                    In another league I win the championship if Jones and the Jets D/ST score 7 more than Ocho.
                    In a third league I need Jones, Cotchery and the Jets D/ST to score 23 points.

Too bad none of these are for money
                    you do this for fun??

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      would shanahan gotten more than 8 wins out of them? would jay cutler have gotten more than 8 out of them if he was there instead?
                      Maybe and no. But it was the way they lost that ticks me off -- and my wife even more!

The loss to Oakland and the handling of Marshall were just a couple of examples. Today should be the final straw.

Comment

Shanahan's a big joke. I want to see him do something relevant without John Elway.
                        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

They just showed Ocho limping off of the field during warmups.

Acting, anyone?
                          Bruce Ciskie > PA

Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

Blizzard Drinking: Duluth's Answer to Gulf Coast Hurricane Parties

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                            Shanahan's a big joke. I want to see him do something relevant without John Elway.
                            Only 2 losing seasons in the 10 years after Elway retired is relatively relevant.

Looks like he's heading to DC to succeed Zorn.

Comment

J-E-T-S suck suck suck.

I'd really like to see them win. Just 11 trips to the playoffs in the 41 seasons since Namath's guarantee, and just 6 wins.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Only 2 losing seasons in the 10 years after Elway retired is relatively relevant.

Looks like he's heading to DC to succeed Zorn.
                                It's not often that the words "succeed" and "DC" are used in the same sentence with regards to football.....or politics.
                                Bruce Ciskie > PA

Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

Blizzard Drinking: Duluth's Answer to Gulf Coast Hurricane Parties

Comment

Working...
                                X