Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riots and Racists and Looting...OH MY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Riots and Racists and Looting...OH MY!!!

They brought in tanks!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      What? People want to forgive him for what happened because of the "threats" and the media attention. It's bull. He was a bad apple before and has been a bad apple since, but that's not the issue...it was those evil liberals! They made him this way! You know what, I'm an evil liberal and I'm sick of being blamed for society's ills.

Time for another vacation from this place.
      Who, exactly, is being his apologist or thinks he should be forgiven? I haven't seen any of that in this thread. A couple have questioned whether or not the his high-profile trial has affected his behavior. A very valid question. But nobody is outright calling for him to be considered an angel regardless of his actions now. As usual, you work yourself into a tizzy over absolutely nothing, and expose yourself for what you really are. Congratulations.
      BTW, If you hold true to your promise of moving away and never bothering us again with your drivel, you should consider crowdsourcing your trip. I'd be happy to contribute.

Comment

Deliberately working others into a tizzy with flippant, exaggerated opinions, then getting into a tizzy of your own, and picking up your toys to run home? C'mon, Priceless. You don't do yourself any favors pulling that stunt.

Comment

"Hold your ground", Priceless. While I haven't heard the allegations you cite that his recent legal troubles affected his previously angelic personality, I don't think it was that bad to call B.S. if it's true.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Deliberately working others into a tizzy with flippant, exaggerated opinions, then getting into a tizzy of your own, and picking up your toys to run home?
            Come on, nobody even mentioned Palin.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Come on, nobody even mentioned Palin.
              Priceless is Palin? Wow!
              Originally posted by Priceless
              Good to see you're so reasonable.
              Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
              Very well, said.
              Originally posted by Rover
              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                Priceless is Palin? Wow!
                Nah, she's got bigger guns and knows more Russians.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                  What was so compelling about the football field that they wanted to go there at 1 in the morning?
                  Maybe they had some co-ed with them and they were going to "dot the i."
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    They brought in tanks!?!
                    The engines needed to be turned over so they turned them out. Preventive maintenance with a public purpose.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Hmm....women still face substantial barriers to advancement based on historical inertia from past practices. ("gender discrimination")

Blacks still face substantial roadblocks based on historical inertia from past practices. ("racial discrimination")

The "middle aged" now face substantial roadblocks based on historical inertia from past practices ("age discrimination").

I wish I could remember where I read the article that said that people complaining about discrimination is actually a positive sign of progress. That when people are so beaten down, they just accept it, and it is only after they are starting to "rise up" that hope emerges and they start to dream of even more. I think the author was Shelby Steele but I'm not sure.
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                        Hmm....women still face substantial barriers to advancement based on historical inertia from past practices. ("gender discrimination")

Blacks still face substantial roadblocks based on historical inertia from past practices. ("racial discrimination")

The "middle aged" now face substantial roadblocks based on historical inertia from past practices ("age discrimination").

I wish I could remember where I read the article that said that people complaining about discrimination is actually a positive sign of progress. That when people are so beaten down, they just accept it, and it is only after they are starting to "rise up" that hope emerges and they start to dream of even more. I think the author was Shelby Steele but I'm not sure.
                        At the very least the first two have existed for decades if not a century - that's not a sigh of progress that's a sign of stubborn ignorance. Try again.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          At the very least the first two have existed for decades if not a century - that's not a sigh of progress that's a sign of stubborn ignorance. Try again.
                          Considering it was only 2 generations ago the Civil Rights movement happened (depending on how you count generations)...we've come a long way, but lots of ignorance is out there, b/c the previous generations are still around: Personally, I figure my parents (during the movement), then my generation, now the current generation. Only counting adult population for the generations.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The civil war was more than 150 years ago and the fight for equality for blacks began well before then. Regardless of the accepted timeline, protesting inequality is not remotely recent in origin.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              The civil war was more than 150 years ago and the fight for equality for blacks began well before then. Regardless of the accepted timeline, protesting inequality is not remotely recent in origin.
                              You could go back to class warfare, which has been around as long as mankind. I fully agree with your assessment.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

"Every year white people add 100 years to how long ago slavery was. I’ve heard educated white people say, ‘slavery was 400 years ago.' No it very wasn’t. It was 140 yWhite people are always like 'Come on! It wasn't us!' Like they want black people to forget everything. Like every year, white people add 100 years to how long ago slavery was. I've heard educated white people say 'Slavery was 400 years ago!' No it very wasn't. It was 140 years ago. That's two 70 year old ladies living and dying back to back. That's how recently you could buy a guy. And it's not like slavery ended and then everything has been amazing. Like it just ended like a clean **** where you don't even have to wipe... just boom. And it's just been parades and presents ever since. [...] And by the way, white people have our own thing; stuff we went though that hurt us that we have to cope with--like when they took our slaves away! That was really hard for us... so it's pretty even."
                                -Louis C.K.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X