Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riots and Racists and Looting...OH MY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Riots and Racists and Looting...OH MY!!!

What has escaped mention in this "national discussion" we've been having is that the sergeant supervising at the scene in the Eric Garner case was a black female.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014...lice-sergeant/

Comment

She's an Uncle Tom, obviously.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Armadillo View Post
        None of that, and I mean NONE, can be proven in any meaningful way. It's all feelz, all speculation. Even were it true, what's the solution? How does this "problem" get fixed?
        Where there's smoke, there's fire as they say. The first solution is actually recognizing there's a problem in the first place.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Handy: I refer to the Milwaukee cop rant I posted earlier. There are bad cops. No doubt. However, the majority are good cops, IMO. The general vilification of cops is what bothers me. It bothers me greatly. And it is more than race in most cases, IMO. It's general criminal conduct. If any of the past nationally covered cases were white-on-white, or black-on-black...how different would the coverage be? Ask yourself that.
          It would have been different, but we cant just ignore past race relations because this isnt Alabama in the 1950s.

You want to play the meaningless hypothetical game, if lets say Garner was a fat white man saying the same stuff and acting the same way do you think he is dead now. Gut feeling do you think cops choke him and kill him? I dont. Do you think if Garner was white they get indicted?

Do I think 90% of cops would act that way...no. But we arent talking about them we are talking about the cops who did what they did. (including the black officer...she is just as guilty) What they did is wrong, and I am sorry but the black community has every right to be ****ed and scared by the results. Cops are supposed to defuse situations and use force only when necessary...black, white, red whatever what they did was wrong. Add on the injustice served by the grand jury and if I was a black man right now I would run and hide from all cops.

edit: ultimately, what is starting to become really evident is that we have too many cops who arent trained well enough. (not ny fault of their own) This needs to change...
          Last edited by Handyman; 12-07-2014, 11:02 PM.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Your edit...truth. And I submit the brotha's video about putting oneself into a bad situation in the first place. Two way street. That's all.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Yeah dont put yourself in a bad position...but it used to be you just got arrested or maybe maced or smacked around...now people are getting killed and there is zero consequence. Deadly force should be the very last resort and should be something that is critiqued highly and held to a ridiculously high standard. Selling illegal cigs and being unarmed should not lead to choke holds and death.

Stuff like what is happening lately makes the crackpots like Flaggy look closer to correct than they should be.

This stuff is all true no matter the race of the cops or perps...but I wont begrudge the black community being outraged about what is happening of late. You gotta admit it looks real bad...and if yo were black you might be ticked too.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

On the flipside...you have a split second decision on whether the alleged perp has a gun. Do you honestly wait? In the cig case...something wrong there. Tragedy. In Ferguson? I see no issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  Getting beyond Priceless' point. For some people, especially black people, it doesn't just "sort itself out." More often than not they're not just getting a warning, they're getting arrested...
                  Stop doing stupid s**t and you won't need to get arrested for the most part? That's not to say there's never a false arrest, but honestly what percentage of arrests and prosecutions are bogus? What percentage result in police brutality? And for those that are legit that gives people the right to feel they need to violently respond? This is a huge disconnect and yet the only focal point so many of you wish to highlight is that cops are bad? Never any focus on the actual criminal activity. Nothing about gang violence, lack of respect for community and authority, black on black crime, etc. No, the #1 reason why things go haywire is because cops are bad and treat black people poorly? All we gotta do is send cops to therapy and the problems in the inner city will magically disappear because the fault lies with x% of the police force which represents x% of the entire population.

[edit] Just watched the video of the Milwaukee police chief - perfect synopsis of what was going through mind above.
                  Last edited by Slap Shot; 12-08-2014, 12:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    Stop doing stupid s**t and you won't need to get arrested for the most part? That's not to say there's never a false arrest, but honestly what percentage of arrests and prosecutions are bogus? What percentage result in police brutality? And for those that are legit that gives people the right to feel they need to violently respond? This is a huge disconnect and yet the only focal point so many of you wish to highlight is that cops are bad? Never any focus on the actual criminal activity. Nothing about gang violence, lack of respect for community and authority, black on black crime, etc. No, the #1 reason why things go haywire is because cops are bad and treat black people poorly? All we gotta do is send cops to therapy and the problems in the inner city will magically disappear because the fault lies with x% of the police force which represents x% of the entire population.

[edit] Just watched the video of the Milwaukee police chief - perfect synopsis of what was going through mind above.
                    Everybody does stupid * when they're young. Black, White, Asian, Hispanic etc. it doesn't matter. It's not just black guys robbing stores, dealing drugs, stealing cars. But, more often than not, it's the black guys getting shot by cops, getting beaten by cops, getting choked by cops. Everybody in every race does something stupid, but it's the black ones that "look like demons" and get killed.

But it's ok, them boys need to quit acting stupid. The only the problem is them.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                      Really? Why can't you just admit that you're wrong and the jurors got it right? Just because it doesn't fall in line with your narrative?

The prosecutor's ASSISTANTS presented all of the evidence. The "witnesses" who saw Brown surrendering, saw Wilson shoot him in the back or saw Wilson shoot him while standing over him were thoroughly discredited.
                      Thanks for addressing none of the points and doing the exact thing you accuse me of

Honestly if you even took 5 minutes to read about how grand juries typically work you'd know that the Ferguson one didn't follow the usual process. Which tells me you're trolling.
                      Last edited by trixR4kids; 12-08-2014, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Everybody does stupid * when they're young. Black, White, Asian, Hispanic etc. it doesn't matter. It's not just black guys robbing stores, dealing drugs, stealing cars. But, more often than not, it's the black guys getting shot by cops, getting beaten by cops, getting choked by cops. Everybody in every race does something stupid, but it's the black ones that "look like demons" and get killed.

But it's ok, them boys need to quit acting stupid. The only the problem is them.

You honestly believe that all segments of the population are doing "stupid" things at the same rate?

****ing clueless...

Comment

Do you think one segment of the population is more prone to doing stupid things due to a difference in skin pigmentation?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Exactly right.

Don't sweat the apologists as they ride their unicorns to work today on the rainbow highway.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                              Do you think one segment of the population is more prone to doing stupid things due to a difference in skin pigmentation?

Did I say that or do you wish that I said that?

Another great dodge of the question that was asked though. You're good at that.

Comment

I asked a question.

Comment

Working...
                                X