Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riots and Racists and Looting...OH MY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
    I was looking for this to post it...
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: Riots and Racists and Looting...OH MY!!!

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      I was looking for this to post it...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vThYwK4aanc
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Ahh I love Titus. Very underrated comedian. He's probably the only comedian in my top 5 favorites that isn't "controversial". Or maybe he is.
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          Ahh I love Titus. Very underrated comedian. He's probably the only comedian in my top 5 favorites that isn't "controversial". Or maybe he is.
          He's controversial, but usually gets a pass, since his act it almost literally his real life. It's friggin' sad what he's been through.

Edit: I've looked up the harsh white jokes. They are good. I laughed.
          Last edited by The Rube; 12-10-2014, 12:27 AM.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            He's controversial, but usually gets a pass, since his act it almost literally his real life. It's friggin' sad what he's been through.
            It is sad, though I imagine it can be simultaneously rough and therapeutic for him.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Edit: I've looked up the harsh white jokes. They are good. I laughed.
            I've heard a few, my work environment is definitely not a standard one. And they are *ing funny.

Harshest joke (in general) I've heard lately is from Jim Jefferies: http://youtu.be/tJnyrlzow1Y (NSFW)
            "Are you a white South African trying to tell me you've done nothing wrong?"
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Old news by now I suppose....

A federal autopsy in the Ferguson police shooting reached similar conclusions to those performed by local officials and a private examiner hired by 18-year-old Michael Brown’s family, documents show.

The Armed Forces Medical Examiner System’s autopsy on Brown, conducted at the request of the Department of Justice, was among grand jury documents that St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Bob McCulloch released Monday with little explanation.
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

"Sorry I'm being so negative. I'm a bummer. I don't know--I shouldn't be. I'm a very, you know, lucky guy. I've got a lot going for me: I'm healthy, I'm relatively young, I'm white...which, thank God for that s***, boy. That is a huge leg up. Are you kidding me? Oh, God, I love being white. I really do. Seriously, if you're not white, you're missing out. Because this s*** is thoroughly good. Let me be clear, by the way. I'm not saying that white people are better. I'm saying that being white is clearly better. Who could even argue? If it was an option, I would re-up every year."

"Now, if you're white and you don't admit that it's great, you're an a******. It is great. And I'm a man. How many advantages could one person have? I'm a white man. You can't even hurt my feelings! What can you really call a white man that really digs deep?

"Hey, cracker."

"Uh. Ruined my day. Boy shouldn't have called me a cracker. Bringing me back to owning land and people, what a drag."
                -Louis C.K.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post

So Jesse Jackson is a racist!
                  Jesse Jackson is a racist, or did you forget why his candidacy for president fell through back in the 80s? #Hymietown
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    Because the American Thinker is the right wing equivalent of Mother Jones? While even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile, I wouldn't count on any sort of objectivity in its reporting or spin.

Especially when the actual medical examiner already ruled it a homicide, and this guy clearly doesn't understand that a victim's weaknesses don't excuse the conduct of the other person. If I punch someone in a manner that would only bruise a normal person but causes a hemophiliac to die, I'm still going to jail for a long time.
                    1. Why attack the source (American Thinker)? If it's a fact it's fact in AT or Mother Jones.

2. Was the on scene supervisor a black female police sergeant?
                    3. Was she looked at by the grand jury as well, or just the white male?

4. "Homocide" is a death of a human caused by another human. Murder involves intent and malice.
                    5. In your "punch a hemophiliac" scenario, did you know they were a hemophiliac and punch them anyway (intent and malice)?
                    5a. Why are you punching someone? Self-defense I hope, otherwise, you're in trouble no matter where the punch lands.
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

This thread in one image.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        This point (I assume the point is to contend that all whitish people, whether their ancestors immigrated before the Civil War or after 1960, ought to be prostrate with guilt over being whitish) gives me the opening to ask you guys, what form do you think reparations should take? Should all whitish people, regardless of ancestry, be required to give their stuff to the darkish people? Does it matter if you are white and your own ancestors were slaves? Or is the skin color the only thing that matters to you?
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                          This point (I assume the point is to contend that all whitish people, whether their ancestors immigrated before the Civil War or after 1960, ought to be prostrate with guilt over being whitish)
                          That's not the point at all.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

That's not the point at all.
                            False equivalencies?

The effects of black towards white racism are not equal to the effects of centuries of the opposite?

How clever and how completely unrelated to any posts in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                              False equivalencies?

The effects of black towards white racism are not equal to the effects of centuries of the opposite?

How clever and how completely unrelated to any posts in this thread.
                              Still not the point. Keep trying. This may help.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Still not the point. Keep trying. This may help.

Kind of like a snobby east coast liberal explaining to other white people how their actual experiences should have no bearing on how they see the world?

Comment

Working...
                                X