X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

Hmm...

In many jurisdictions, if a person kills a pregnant woman, the killer is charged with two counts of homicide, one for the mother and one for the unborn child (e.g., Scott Peterson, plenty of others).

Yet if only the unborn child dies.....
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish
      Abortion rights advocates may not realize that the laws of natural selection apply to their cause too.

Except for people who work for NARAL or Planned Parenthood, it appears that the majority of women today who support abortion rights are post-menopausal. Natural selection at work, eh?
      Holy shiat. This post is not only factually wrong but such patronizing misogyny wrapped up in pseudo science that I can't believe you actually posted it.

The majority of 18-34 year olds are pro choice. Pro choice declines with age, likely because older people are also more religious.

The rest just deserves a facepalm.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
        In many jurisdictions, if a person kills a pregnant woman, the killer is charged with two counts of homicide, one for the mother and one for the unborn child (e.g., Scott Peterson, plenty of others).
        How does a prosecutor decide to add this charge? Does it work? Is there any sort of legal precedent that states after x number of weeks gestation they can charge? Not trying to troll but I've never quite grasped how this concept is utilized sometimes but not others.
        "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
        Groucho Marx
        "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
        Ron White
        "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
        Milo Bloom

Comment

Hmm...

Yet if only the unborn child dies.....
          I don't know where you are at, but in Minnesota there is no need to show that the pregnant mother has been killed if you can show the unborn child was killed. I don't remember if it happened in Minnesota, or elsewhere, but I recall a news story about a guy who gave his wife/girlfriend an abortion pill or something that caused her fetus to abort. She was still alive but I think he was prosecuted for murder. It just works out that in most of these cases the jerk manages to kill both.

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
          How does a prosecutor decide to add this charge? Does it work? Is there any sort of legal precedent that states after x number of weeks gestation they can charge? Not trying to troll but I've never quite grasped how this concept is utilized sometimes but not others.
          I think in Minnesota it starts with conception, which raises lots of interesting questions.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Attributed to Jeff Foxworthy:

If you have to get your parents’ permission to go on a field trip or to take an aspirin in school, but not to get an abortion — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.
            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Attributed to Jeff Foxworthy:
              Not Foxworthy. Most likely right-wing chain emails.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Not Foxworthy. Most likely right-wing chain emails.
                But the first part of the statement is true.

Remove the appendix - need parental approval. Remove the grandkid, nope.

---

And let's blatent about it.

https://youtu.be/IDouGWrIY78
                Last edited by joecct; 07-14-2016, 12:11 PM.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Hollywood Hedonism
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Looks more like Panhandle Pandering to me. There wouldn't have been a need for those abortions if not for the archaic, misogynistic "values" of mainstrean religion.
                    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

If you insist, please continue the abortion ravings here.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Here I was worried someone aborted this thread.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          Here I was worried someone aborted this thread.
                          Monte says that'd be wrong.

PS - That link is really good at 2x speed.
                          Last edited by The Sicatoka; 10-05-2016, 03:01 PM.
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Saw a meme yesterday that said "not only should abortion be illegal, it should be unthinkable."

What are you doing to make unthinkable? Supporting comprehensive sex education? Access to birth control? Programs that would help the mother care for the child, if this is a financial issue?

Or is this just a case of a pro-life group unilaterally trying to impose their will?
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                              Or is this just a case of a pro-life group unilaterally trying to impose their will?
                              Perhaps.

Biochem will eventually give women complete control. Soon they really will have "something that shuts that down right there."

And hopefully that means way fewer Thumpers.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 10-12-2016, 04:26 PM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

https://www.bustle.com/articles/1809...feminismbustle

Comment

Working...
                                X